PDA

View Full Version : Academy Lawn Care & Landscaping, Landscape Design- Elberton GA, Hartwell GA, Georgia

AcademyLawnCare
07-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Academy Lawn Care & Landscaping
Elberton GA 30635
706-567-6556

http://AcademyLawnCare.com
sales@AcademyLawnCare.com (sales@AcedmyLawnCare.com)

Just wanted to take a moment to say hello and introduce ourselves:

Academy Lawn Care & Landscapeing provides total lawn care from Mowing to Landscaping in the Elberton, Hartwell & surrounding areas (Comer, Dewey Rose, Fortsonia, Bowman, etc).

We are conveniently located in Elberton Georgia, just a few miles down the road from Hartwell Georgia and service the surrounding areas. We are proud to have worked in some of the finest homes and businesses in Hartwell GA, Elberton GA, Comer GA, Dewey Rose GA, Fortsonia GA, and even Bowman GA.

Please drop us an email if I can be of any assistance.

Tom Jenkins
sales@AcademyLawnCare.com (sales@AcedmyLawnCare.com)
http://AcademyLawnCare.com

Steve
07-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Hi Tom,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your lawn care business?

AcademyLawnCare
07-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Steve,

Started business to work closer to home and work with family.

Married with 4 wonderful children.

Used to drive 2+ hours each day for work. Gas @ $4/gal... Tired of wasting $$ on gas, leaving before the family got up and coming home late to reheat dinner.

Hard worker and looking forward to bringing Lawn Care, Landscaping & Landscape Design services to Elberton Georgia, Hartwell Georgia and surrounding areas (Comer, Dewey Rose, Fortsonia, Bowman, etc).

Thanks for asking,

Tom Jenkins

Steve
07-27-2008, 10:41 PM
What kind of advice do you have for others just getting started in running their lawn care business?

musician/lawnman
07-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Steve, he was talking about driving 2 hours a day to work at $4 a gal....
Sounds like he is just getting started....?

AcademyLawnCare
07-29-2008, 05:31 AM
Steve, musician/lawnman,

I m just getting started :)...

Not sure if I am in any position to offer advice. but the following seems important:

1) Show up on time!!! Arrived an hour late once for a Saturday commercial job that the "owner wasn't gonna be their" only to find the owner waiting. Got past it but showed me the importance of keeping your commitments. Seperate yourself from everyone else by keeping your commitments!!!

2) Do a little more... Especially close to the door/entrance most used... People judge you by what they see and they ALWAYS see the door/walkway they use everyday...

3) When you do a job before you put your equipment away, knock/flyer five doors to left, go accross the street and flyer 10 houses back, cross the street and flyer the other 5 back to your truck... Only takes a few minutes to contact these golden 20....

4) Don't get discouraged... I don't have near the customers would have thought by now... But have a lot more then the day I started...

5) Get started today!!! Can always spend one more day doing something... Sooner you start, sooner you start getting paid...

Hope this is helpful,

Steve
07-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Tom,

You are just on the ball. You are doing things that we often don't see most other businesses do. For instance, your clover leaf flyer distribution! That is fantastic!