PDA

View Full Version : I want one of those...

queenbee
07-22-2008, 06:56 PM
I want my lawn care business to be low noise low/no emissions. who makes commercial grade eco-friendly equipment like WhisperCut?

Steve
07-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Are you considering going all electric? That could potentially get you a lot of media attention if you played it up.

queenbee
07-24-2008, 09:10 PM
I ordered the catalog for that Neuton company yesterday. My research determined that those mowers would be the best for a commercial operation. They run on batteries that are easy to remove. If I buy a few backup batteries I should be able to make it through a day just fine. Noise and air pollution are issues that are rarely addressed by garden pros here in LA. If I am among the first to offer this kind of service I think that could be huge. That Whispercut lawn service company has a franchise here, but they are little known and all they do is lawns. I spend hours at each house doing detailed gardening. I'll be an exhibitor at the women's business conference in downtown LA at the end of the month. There will be a great deal of lenders attending so I'm going to propose my idea and see if I cant get some funding to "go green"!

Steve
07-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Well tell me this, what kind of funding do you need to get started? What equipment is needed?

Can you start dirt cheap now with one electric mower?

I bet then if you start sending off press releases about it you could attract media attention.

queenbee
07-27-2008, 01:50 PM
I could easily get by on one mower for now. I have seven clients. I'm using a cheap household mower right now and I feel bad adding more pollution and noise to the area. If I could get like $2000 or so I could get the mower, extra batteries and have some cash leftover to get a good marketing campaign going. Do you know of an agency that would be interested in supporting my efforts?

Steve
07-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Do you know of an agency that would be interested in supporting my efforts?

Can you tell me more what you mean by this?

queenbee
07-28-2008, 11:19 AM
what i mean is, do you know of any programs that offer financial assistance to people/businesses that are taking measures to improve the environment and be eco-friendly?

Steve
07-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Oh I got you. I don't personally know of any but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I just don't know where I would look for this.

Maybe since you are in California, there is some type of assistance offered through the state? Possibly?

clarklandscaping
07-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Doing a quick search for "small business loan" on google turned up thousands of hits. If you think that you have a great marketable business plan I suggest doing research. No one will just hand you a wad of cash if your the only one who knows about your idea!