PDA

View Full Version : What is the ideal age to get your lawn care business started?

Steve
07-22-2008, 09:36 AM
If you could have gotten your lawn care business started at any age, what age would have been the ideal age and why?

justin_time
07-22-2008, 01:52 PM
probaly 17 or 18

I was 20 when I started but I wish I would of started earlier.

Just perfect after you get your licence your ready to go, don't have your parents hauling you around. You can do it on your own

Steve
07-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Very interesting Justin.

How do you think starting earlier would have helped you?

justin_time
07-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Probably wouldn't of worked for that idiot and probably would have a bit more money for my own equipment

queenbee
07-22-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm 29 and just started. I think my years of experience and watching others succeed and fail have given me an edge in the field. I only wish I would have payed more attention to their office operations though. I just downloaded the free trial of the gopher software so lets see how that helps me send out my first batch of bills!

VPS Lawn Care
07-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Well lets see, i started a LCO when i was 18 and i did very well very fast, but think i was still to young, at least did not have my head in the right place, i mentioned on a post about it b-4 but i got alot of good paying commercial accts, very fast back then, and was making really good money to, but i was in college and working another full time job, and just quite doing it, never called the customers or anything, graduated school and was promoted, started making huge money, and hated it all, stayed there 15 years and wished the whole time i stayed mowing lawns, carma, huh. so the perfect age i guess depends on the person and what they have going on in there life, and what there goals or dreams are at that time in there life. I was going to be this big man with a big corp, and ya know what, i was and hated it!, be careful what you hope for you just might get it and hate it! find what you enjoy and make something out of that, here i am years later and going back to where i started and love it all over again.

UniversityLandscapers
07-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Assuming you're mature enough, the earlier the better...gives you more time to grow. I started at 19, although I don't think I'll be continuing once I graduate university.