PDA

View Full Version : New Member Just wanted to say Hi

Rekrap8
07-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi Everyone,
I just joined this forum and am very excited to get started posting. I don't know why but I have always loved mowing lawns. My dad always has to tell me not to mow it because I just did two days ago:D Well this summer(or maybe next summer) I decided I wanted to start a small lawn care business. My dad just recentley bought a pretty nice Toro zero-turn mower (42'). I also have a small push mower(21') and a weed wacker or spin trimmer, whatever it's called. In the neighborhood I live in people generaly have big lawns so i'm thinking about doing it with my brother too. I have some problems though. One being I have no way to get the mower from house to house besides driving it. Maybe next year I will make enough money to buy a trailer but as of now im stuck with next door neighbors. So I would love to talk to ya'll so PM me if you want and/ or comment. And if anyone has suggestions for beginers or are beginers themselves I would really like to talk to you.

Now here's a bit about me. I love baseball and play it every chance I get. I am a HUGE St. Louis Cardinals fan. I am also a huge Saints fan because I was born in New Orleans but currentley live in New England. I collect baseball cards and am a member of 3 different trading card forums. That's pretty much it. See ya'll around.
-Parker

justin_time
07-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Well your definitely gonna need a good trailer, don't do like me.. buy a cheap one and say it's good enought... WRONG.... i bought a trailer and now it's my 3rd summer in business and I'm already in the process of getting a new one because it's about to fall apart.

Anyways, just make sure to put your name out there as much and any way you can to get your name out there.

I wish you luck,

let me know if you need a hand,

Thanks

Steve
07-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Welcome to our forum!

You got a lot going on! What kinds of things are you doing to attract customers?

Rekrap8
07-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Welcome to our forum!

You got a lot going on! What kinds of things are you doing to attract customers?

Well I haven't started yet because i'm moving out of state and I plan to do it there. Btu i'm planning to go dore to door with flyers and maybe make a website on Freewebs.

Steve
07-22-2008, 08:35 AM
I was just thinking, did you name your business yet? Since you like the cardinals so much, what if you called your business Cardinal Lawn Care or something like that and you could wear a cardinal cap!

When will you be getting started? Do you have an time frame? I'd love to hear updates as you go!

Rekrap8
07-22-2008, 10:53 AM
I was just thinking, did you name your business yet? Since you like the cardinals so much, what if you called your business Cardinal Lawn Care or something like that and you could wear a cardinal cap!

When will you be getting started? Do you have an time frame? I'd love to hear updates as you go!

Yeah that's a great idea for a name! But the problem is I would probably do it with my brother and he is not a sports fan at all :) I try and see if he would want to do that. Well i'm moving this weekend so maybe i'll start everything in 2-3 weeks. And I will gladly update on it!

Steve
07-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Also let us know potential names for your business!