PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant place mat advertising

Steve
07-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Justin posted this place mat in a earlier post. Has anyone else ever experimented with this form of advertising?

Justin do you have any feedback on how it has worked since you do this? Would you do it again?

justin_time
07-21-2008, 05:23 PM
I think I only got 1 customer out of it so far. This placemat is posted at the worse restaurant in town that could be why. And I also think my add is hidden behind the napkin since it's on the side

I payed about 300$ for 50,000 placemats.

I don't think I will be renewing it

At least, I know that doesn't work, sometimes you just gotta try a different approach on different type of marketing so yeah

Steve
07-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Did they just distribute the placemat to one restaurant? Or how did that work?

justin_time
07-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Did they just distribute the placemat to one restaurant? Or how did that work?

I'm not exactly sure how it works. I think they just print it for that restaurant.
But they do other signs around town so I don't know.

Steve
09-03-2008, 06:35 AM
Here is another pizza restaurant co-marketing flyer from David.

Dave wrote "I had these flyers printed 500 for $180 front/back and i was working at nite with the pizza company to hand them out. I was handing them out for a week now."

Remember this is based on a free pizza lawn care flyer template you can download in the flyer template section.

justin_time
10-13-2008, 10:43 PM
I got a call tonight and the guy was looking for brush cutting but he was asking for 1 km road or something like that and he said it was down below so he was looking for someone with a machine to clear i am not sure what he was talking about. I asked him where he got my name, and he told me he read my add from the placemat at the restaurant

Steve
10-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Well it is good to see someone saw the ad!

justin_time
10-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Well it is good to see someone saw the ad!

Yeah I think people are starting to see that ad. They seem to come from out of town, so it might be a good idea

justin_time
06-25-2009, 10:39 PM
I am happy to say I renewed my place mat ad for this year. My ad will be posted in a different restaurant this time. They get about 1500 to 2000 people a month in that restaurant. It's pretty busy, their one of my customer also.

Can't wait to see the results of this output

Steve
06-26-2009, 01:39 AM
When will the ad start to appear? Do they tell you how many restaurants in your area are getting these place mats?

They should do napkin ads too! :)

justin_time
06-26-2009, 08:17 AM
When will the ad start to appear? Do they tell you how many restaurants in your area are getting these place mats?

They should do napkin ads too! :)

Not sure when the ad starts but i'm going to go have lunch there today and I will find out when they are getting their new place mats. They only told me that this restaurant was having new place mats

justin_time
07-09-2009, 07:07 PM
I just got my proof of what my ad will look like on the place mat. I just signed it back and approved it with no changes. I hope they get printed soon.

Steve
07-10-2009, 10:04 AM
I can't wait to see what it looks like.

How many restaurants will it be in? Will these restaurants all be in your mowing area?

justin_time
07-10-2009, 06:20 PM
I will be in 2 restaurants.. the 1st one still has some left so this year they decided to go to the new restaurant I just payed them. Hopefully get more business from them since they are more busy than restaurant A and restaurant B is currently one of my customer and will be a customer for life. They don't have any mower so yeah. I do it

There will be 50,000 place mats printed for restaurant B

arthur712
07-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Justin, I just saw this thread,

I advertise in about 25 to 30 restaurants right now. I went and bought these great Napkin Holders that you can put ads on both sides.

Every one of the restaurants do not charge me anything at all. I just paid for the napkin holdesr, and they where only $5 bucks each.
I not only sold a couple house from those ads, but people run into me and say they are sick of seeing my face all over the place. That is good!

I also bought a bunch of the large stand up napkin holder that have my advertising on the front of them. I have them in about 19 gas stations next the fountain drinks.

I do so many weird things because that is what works.

I will get you some picture if you want?

Thanks!
Artie

Steve
07-16-2009, 11:42 AM
I will get you some picture if you want?

Thats awesome! I would like to see what you did. That would be another great marketing product for you to sell!

justin_time
07-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Thats awesome! I would like to see what you did. That would be another great marketing product for you to sell!

Me too

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/worthless_thread_without_pics.gif

arthur712
07-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Here is one that I have in a Shell Gas Station.

The good thing about gas stations, they get tons of traffic to see advertising.

I put my outdoor business card holders on the top of these so people can Take A Card and the card holder does not fall open or go all over the place if someone knocks it over or when they put more napkins in the holder.
They work great for me.

I have about 20 gas stations and the owners want me to more of thier other stores because the look nice.

THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX!

If I did sell them, I would have to get $19.99 for the stand up ones.

I will send mor of the other ones I have in the resturaunts.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n200/ctksmom/cid__0421080825.jpg

Steve
07-22-2009, 07:46 PM
I have about 20 gas stations and the owners want me to more of thier other stores because the look nice.

That is really cool!

How do you go about getting them in the stores like that?

Do you offer to pay for the napkins or do they refill them, themselves?

arthur712
07-22-2009, 09:24 PM
For the gas stations I will supply the napkins for the first like 6 month or all year, They only use about a half case. Case of napkins are only $50 dollors.

The Resturaunts, I just give them the holders and they get the napkins from their suppliers.

But when I bring the holders into them, just about everyone of them love the napkin holders and they say yes!

I put them in one gas stations and with in days I got calls from other gas stations asking for them. The owners are all family Indians, they realy are great/smart business people.

SORRY JUSTIN, I feel like I highjacted your thread

justin_time
07-22-2009, 09:32 PM
SORRY JUSTIN, I feel like I highjacted your thread

That's ok, don't worry about it

Steve
07-22-2009, 09:42 PM
For the gas stations I will supply the napkins for the first like 6 month or all year, They only use about a half case. Case of napkins are only $50 dollors.

The Resturaunts, I just give them the holders and they get the napkins from their suppliers.

But when I bring the holders into them, just about everyone of them love the napkin holders and they say yes!

I put them in one gas stations and with in days I got calls from other gas stations asking for them. The owners are all family Indians, they realy are great/smart business people.

That is awesome! Do you give them the napkins all at once or go in there and re-supply them? I am guessing you go in there quite a bit to do that and refill your business cards too?

arthur712
07-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Yes I go back to them as much as possible, I have to show my face because I always like to talk to them about whats new. They recomend people to me.

Justin, did you get the card holder yet?

Thanx!

justin_time
07-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Justin, did you get the card holder yet?

Thanx!

Nothing yet

No tracking number ???

arthur712
07-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Nothing yet

No tracking number ???

Because it was Canada, I went in to the post Office and I can not find the receipt.

I usually use my papal for all my shipping, but it would not let me do it to Canada first class for some reason.

I have to go to the post office tomorrow, Maybe they can look it up some how.

Sorry again! But don't worry I will make sure you get it!!

Thanks!
Artie

Steve
07-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Here is an interesting variation on the idea.

There is a company that will provide free napkins to bars with ads on them.

http://www.napads.com/hiw.html

That's pretty interesting! It makes you wonder if you could do something similar with napkins.

Or what if you ran a sewer service, could you get toilet paper printed with an ad on it for sewer services? LOL

justin_time
07-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Because it was Canada, I went in to the post Office and I can not find the receipt.

I usually use my papal for all my shipping, but it would not let me do it to Canada first class for some reason.

I have to go to the post office tomorrow, Maybe they can look it up some how.

Sorry again! But don't worry I will make sure you get it!!

Thanks!
Artie

Got it Thursday

justin_time
07-27-2009, 12:57 PM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/placemat-1.jpg

Steve
07-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Justin that looks great! Are you tracking your calls now? Asking new customers where they heard of you from?

justin_time
07-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Justin that looks great! Are you tracking your calls now? Asking new customers where they heard of you from?

Sure am, I am going to setup an excel sheet and figure out my marketing dollars

arthur712
07-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Justin, That looks great!

Here is something you can do as well.

I have 4 pizza places that I have the full back page advertising 8.5x11 if their menu.

I just pay for the cost of the printing so they do not have mess with them.

I bring them a thousand menu's and the cost is only about $100.

They go on all the pizza boxes.

I do not use full color, but I do use yellow paper.

I hope this can help you as it has brought me 4 buyers so far.

Thanks!
Artie

Steve
07-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Artie,

That is a great idea.

I wonder what would work better, if you did it that way or if you used both sides for the menu and had your ad at the bottom 1/4 of each side so the potential customer didn't miss it.

What about doing mini menus on magnets with your information on them too?
Maybe put their most popular items on the menu because its small?

arthur712
07-27-2009, 06:38 PM
I have tested it both ways and found that the full page worked better.
The owners of the pizza places did not want to charge the front of the menu's.

Here is copy of the back pages I did on the menu's.
I share with a landscaping company. This help me cut cost in half.

http://www.gopherforum.com/uploaded-files/images/back-of-pizza-menu.jpg

Steve
07-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Artie,

That is fantastic. How do you advise other lawn care business owners to charge a co-advertiser for doing something like this? Should they just split the costs? Or what do you suggest?

arthur712
07-27-2009, 10:34 PM
I would just keep it simple and split down the middle.