PDA

View Full Version : How do you educate your customers

Steve
03-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Ned from mediamainline.com had discussed in another post the importance of educating potential clients.

I am hoping he can go into this further and talk about how he approaches his clients with this and the tangible benefits that come from it.

Ned
03-29-2006, 10:59 AM
Hi Gopher...

I will get back to you on this one later today... http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

tiedeman
03-29-2006, 04:18 PM
I personally love to spill my beans to new customers. I tell them everything about what they should and should not look for in a company, what they should do with their lawn to achieve results, what they should expect, what I can give them compared to another comapny, etc. I absolutely love doing it.

kc2006
03-29-2006, 04:31 PM
I have alittle paper that I give to all potential customers with their estimate, it explains what to look for in a company (insurance, registered, licensed for fertilizer/pesticide) and explains the benefits of having all that and how my company has all the legal requirements.

NickN
03-29-2006, 08:52 PM
We just sent out our first edition newsletter.This is our tool for educating customers.The possibilities are endless with a newsletter.Next months will include more info,tips,recipes from the garden,and we highlight a customer and their landscape in each issue.

Steve
03-30-2006, 12:43 AM
It seems it is a great way to accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative. You can promote your finer qualities and show how they are so important while detracting from your weaker side.

ritchiem
03-30-2006, 06:54 AM
I send out newsletters and html e-mailings. Any new problems or concerns that may arise I educate the client so they can make a educated desision.