PDA

View Full Version : Now hiring!?

Longs Lawn Groomers
07-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Ok I am trying to come up with a ad to run in the local newspaper and keep banging my head against the wall. Its a lawn care business so its not like i can request there resumes to be mailed in and then make a decision from there. I am open to any ideas this is what I have so far.

Hourly, Salary Lawn groomers now hiring looking for hard and fast workers

then im at a lost on how to finish this should I have them go to a website (link with a application) to fill out or have them mail me one I just dont want every other meth head looking to mow a lawn for 2 hours and go on a bing agh

Thank you,
Justin

Lawn Groomers

musician/lawnman
07-15-2008, 06:35 AM
IF you make it too easy for them you will get buried in calls, emails & applications. Leave a phone number, do a short short interview when they call..... If it sounds promising, let hem come pick up/fill out an application.
The job market sucks, everyone wants work. The ones wh really want & will value the position will do what it takes to get the job.

I ran an add on craigslist once for 2 days, I was inundated (spelled wrong?) with calls 15-20 a day easy, & was getting about 35-40 emails everyday even for days after removing the add.

I get about 6-8 are you hiring phone calls every week without running a help wanted add. I understand people need to work & there are few help wanted adds out there so they call advertisers..... but man it gets annoying!

Steve
07-15-2008, 06:48 AM
Chuck,

What criteria did you use to finally choose who was or wasn't going to work for you?

Do you have any insight into that you could share with us?