do think it might come back

I gave him a bid for the sod aswell but he wants to seed it
what do you think
i have atached a photo

johnny

StartALawnCareBusiness
07-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Hi Johnny:

Share with us your location in the U.S. or at least tell us what zone you are in.

That lawn looks pretty dead. Does this lawn require a sprinkler system? Or is it a grass that normally grows in your climate but you are just suffering an abnormal drought?

For most zones, mid-July is not the time to seed a lawn. Maybe you can delay the homeowner a few months so you can do a proper, professional job.

BTW, what is the homeowner's budget for this lawn work...what estimate did you give him?

Keith

quickcleanlawn
07-14-2008, 01:10 AM
what did he do to his lawn ?:eek:
what do the other lawn look like in the area?
only thing I can think of is it was sprayed with somthing maybe. or the dirt was just put down over the old lawn.
but you can definetly bring it back. the first step is to find out whats rong in the first place. then correct that problem.he could be trying to plant the wrong kind of grass its only thrives a sertain part of year probably cooler months. it could be anything.

quickcleanlawn
07-14-2008, 01:13 AM
I was looking at the pictures again and I don' think the grass is dead it appears to be dorment.

AllProlawn
07-14-2008, 01:38 AM
Hi Johnny:

Share with us your location in the U.S. or at least tell us what zone you are in.

That lawn looks pretty dead. Does this lawn require a sprinkler system? Or is it a grass that normally grows in your climate but you are just suffering an abnormal drought?

For most zones, mid-July is not the time to seed a lawn. Maybe you can delay the homeowner a few months so you can do a proper, professional job.

BTW, what is the homeowner's budget for this lawn work...what estimate did you give him?

Keith

we are in the rockymopintain region
pueblo colorado

AllProlawn
07-14-2008, 01:48 AM
I was looking at the pictures again and I don' think the grass is dead it appears to be dorment.

well we will see
i had a coupe of old sprinkler valves and clock
and some heads and made a make shift sprinkler system
I areated and power raked it and over seeded it
we will see what happens