PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Incentives

Longs Lawn Groomers
07-10-2008, 08:29 AM
I am wondering if anyone has tried contacting manufacturers ( cub cadet, stihl etc etc ) to sponsor ad space on your marketing materials? I know in the car audio industries they give all kinds of things away.

Thank you,
Justin

Steve
07-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Justin,

That is a fantastic idea. I haven't seen anything like that yet but that doesn't mean it couldn't work.

Are you going to put out some feelers and see what kind of responses you get?

Maybe talk to your local mower dealer as well?

Longs Lawn Groomers
07-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Steve I am going to try all avenues I was hoping to of gotten more of a response but being the first means no competition........ I will keep you posted if I get a positive response. Thank you for taking the time and responding

Justin

justin_time
07-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Justin's always think alike. I tought of this idea before but it just got back to me now that it is mentioned on the forum.

I will also look into this.

Steve
07-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Let me know what types of reactions you both get :)

StartALawnCareBusiness
07-10-2008, 07:58 PM
I am wondering if anyone has tried contacting manufacturers ( cub cadet, stihl etc etc ) to sponsor ad space on your marketing materials? I know in the car audio industries they give all kinds of things away.

Thank you,
Justin

Hi Justin:

Don't neglect working with your local suppliers and dealers too.

On your flyer for the upcoming overseeding season, mention that you only use premium seed from "Smith's Nursery". In exchange for the ad space Smith's will likely give you a discount as well as place your business cards on their counter for all their customers to see.

Contact your local nurseries soon and strike some deals for fall planting time.

Keith

Steve
07-11-2008, 04:29 AM
That's a really good idea! I like it a lot!. Also maybe if you work out some deal with your local green house, you can promote some of their products and then maybe they can turn you business when a customer comes in and need installation help.

Longs Lawn Groomers
07-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Thank you for the responses they are great ideas!
I am trying to contact Cub Cadet on the marketing level its been a challenge but I have confidence I will find something out by next week.

Thank you,
Justin

Steve
07-15-2008, 06:53 AM
I am thinking it might be easier to work with local businesses like garden centers that are trying to move product to your customer base.

Mower companies may think that you already are mowing the potential customer, so why should they bother advertising to them?

What's your view?

Longs Lawn Groomers
07-16-2008, 09:14 AM
I am hoping that the manufacturers are making millions and millions and would love to spend some of it in advertising rather then giving it back..... from the few business ventures I have had and sold the best thing is to generate any extra cash flow as possible. and selling advertising only make since, I got a local spa and billiards place that is advertising plus a high end furniture store these 2 alone paid for the door hangers, gas, and the pay to distribute them in high end neighborhoods.

I am still looking to locate the big dogs for the big bucks who knows you offer them enough incentive they may even give a rider away doubt it but you wont know unless you try!

Justin

justin_time
07-16-2008, 04:51 PM
I just checked with my Stihl dealer today and he looked in the book and Stihl has some stickers/decals that you can get and put on your truck. I didn't have a price but i'm sure it's all the same for everybody

Steve
07-16-2008, 08:01 PM
I am hoping that the manufacturers are making millions and millions and would love to spend some of it in advertising rather then giving it back..... from the few business ventures I have had and sold the best thing is to generate any extra cash flow as possible. and selling advertising only make since, I got a local spa and billiards place that is advertising plus a high end furniture store these 2 alone paid for the door hangers, gas, and the pay to distribute them in high end neighborhoods.

I am still looking to locate the big dogs for the big bucks who knows you offer them enough incentive they may even give a rider away doubt it but you wont know unless you try!

Justin, I'd love to see your marketing material. Can you show us how it looks?