PDA

View Full Version : heads wont go up?

Lukacs Property Maintenance
07-09-2008, 01:03 AM
Hi Craig,

I have a question for ya.
My customer did a irrigation self install and i was asked to come and set up the heads after they were done. The heads wont pop up right away. What do you think they did to the irrigation system wrong to make this happen. They have a bachflow protector and a filter installed. Also the have had a plumber install a device, in the house, to the water line to the exterior hose bib. I have a pressure tester. Their are 3 zones and there all lawn. 1 inch pipe from the hose bib out. The pipe in the house is copper.
Hope thats enough info to help you.

Mike

AllProlawn
07-09-2008, 01:45 AM
ist on all the zones or just a couple
it could have a pinched pipe if he was using poly pipe

07-15-2008, 01:48 AM
Went to a web site and found the answers to the questions i had. Thought id share it with all of you guys. Very helpfull.

www.irrigationtutorials.com

Mike

UniversityLandscapers
07-15-2008, 02:15 AM
Wow, that website is sweet. I'm trying to design an irrigation system for my house, and I knew the basic components of the system, but nothing beyond that...that site explains everything in detail.

07-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Hey Craig,

Didn't mean to give a site that deters others from goin to yours. People got to www.irrigationrepair.com.

I appoligise

Mike

Little's
07-29-2008, 01:30 AM
Any update on the sprinkler issue? What is the pressure after tested? If it is not resolved, check the pressure adjuster on the valve, and also on the line coming into the house. Please let us know what you have figured out.

justin_time
07-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Maybe it's playing hide and go seek with ya hahahahaha :D :p

08-21-2008, 06:03 PM
have an update for ya. i have checked the three zones. One zone has low flow spray heads, one zone hashigh flow heads and one zone has very low flow heads. The high flow heads still aren't coming up right away. I havent checked the flow restricter or the filter yet. But i was thinkin if they weren't workin the whole system wouldn't be workin properly. The pipe that comes out from the house in 1/2 in and the pvc pipe for the irrigation is 3/4 in. Would this effect the flow rate for the high flow heads? I thought not but i don't know. What should i look at to see whet the flow should be for the high flow heads? Or can i figure it out by the distance apart from the other heads? Ok enough questions for now. Any help would be greatly apreaciated. Thanks

Mike:confused: