PDA

View Full Version : If you could start all over again

Steve
07-08-2008, 01:56 PM
If you could start all over again with what you are doing or at any point in your life, what would you have done differently that what you did up to this point?

What lessons did you learn which you would have preferred to know before hand?

Unregistered
07-09-2008, 04:45 AM
Alright if i could do it over again i wouldnt a goten married at 23. I woulda waited until later. I wouldnt have had kids which i dont see at all now until i was much older.

When i was younger i didnt undrerstand the concept of collectin baggage. I didnt know that these things would haunt me during the best years of my life.

As i am tryn to get my landscape co. off the ground i got these weights that i cant shake. I have payument I gotta make to my ex. I yhave miss many of them and have been in jail a few times because of it. So you younger guys out there realize you got it so much easier than alot of people. Get out there and make it happen.

Think before you act.

Steve
07-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Well thank you for your post!

I wasn't sure if anyone but me was able to post in here yet. That is great. I was thinking the anonymous setting would be beneficial to really get into some topics we might not normally want to talk about.

I appreciate you sharing your insight and I am happy to see you are able to shot for your dreams and work on your lawn care business.

cklandscapingorlando
09-07-2008, 06:57 PM
I worked for some of the biggest and smallest companies in orlando for a long time.Looking back now I wish I would have paid more atention to the business end.The hardest learning curb is the business end to a guy who gets dirty for a living.Then to get a straight answer out of your local comp is like pulling teeth.Dont underbid but dont ask what we get per man hour.

Big Lebowski
09-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Nothing. I believe regrets will only pull you down. I've seen people ruled and ruined by regrets.

Would I do things differently because I had some insight to my future? Yes! I would definitely invest in Microsoft, Google and Walmart.

I believe that who I am today and everything I have experienced has made me the great person I am today. I am completely comfortable with that. I also don't care what others think either. I didn't always feel that way. It was quite a liberating day when I changed that about myself. Now I say what's on my mind while I use patience and understanding when it dictates.

It also took me a very long time to realize that my possessions do not make who I am. I could care less if you approve of me or my possessions.

quickcleanlawn
09-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Nothing. I believe regrets will only pull you down. I've seen people ruled and ruined by regrets.

Would I do things differently because I had some insight to my future? Yes! I would definitely invest in Microsoft, Google and Walmart.

I believe that who I am today and everything I have experienced has made me the great person I am today. I am completely comfortable with that. I also don't care what others think either. I didn't always feel that way. It was quite a liberating day when I changed that about myself. Now I say what's on my mind while I use patience and understanding when it dictates.

It also took me a very long time to realize that my possessions do not make who I am. I could care less if you approve of me or my possessions.

Well said, I could not have said it better.

All Aspects Landscaping
09-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Well said, I could not have said it better.

thats the truth

Steve
09-08-2008, 05:41 AM
Very good points!

Looking back now I wish I would have paid more atention to the business end.The hardest learning curb is the business end to a guy who gets dirty for a living.

What kinds of things on the business end stand out as things you would have liked to known more about?

cklandscapingorlando
09-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Well I think having an idea of the hourly comercial rate would have helped.Knowing what a comercial contract looked liked.You spend a year filling out contracts that just arent good enough with bids that range from to low to to high before you get things right.I dont regret any thing but it would have been nice in hind sight.

jackmcmanus21
09-22-2008, 11:04 AM
I wish I could have learned from some of my mistakes other than by having to suffer through their consequences. Luckily, these mistakes have been rare