PDA

View Full Version : Start-up Financing

MLuciano
07-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Ok im all ready to go and ready for work....bring it on but I need a small business loan I dont have the capital to get equipment out of my own pocket. How do I go about getting funding for a start up business?? I really want to avoid or better yet I am avoiding used equipment.

musician/lawnman
07-07-2008, 09:40 PM
MLuciano,

Check with the shop you intend to buy from. Many offer financing thru lenders that deal in such equipment loans. I had financed my 1st mower this way through a company called sheffield financial. Plus they often run special rates for certain periods of time i.e. 0% for 12 months, 3.9% for 24 months etc. & you can choose your program to get a payment that works for you. A word of warning, try not to streach the financing out too long.... If you start to really gain alot of business this equipment don't last forever. Don't get yourself stuck with a payment that goes longer than the mower does is all I'm saying.

Steve
07-08-2008, 04:20 AM
Hi MLuciano,

What do you need to get started? Could you get started with some cheap stuff so you didn't have to take out a loan? Get your feet wet and then scale up as you get more customers?

Chuck's Affordable Lawn
07-10-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm thinking of doing my own website, but don't know about much on that. how do I get the most out of search engines and linking to my website. Should I register my business before doing my website or can I wait a week or so?

Steve
07-11-2008, 04:38 AM
Hi Chuck,

I'm thinking of doing my own website, but don't know about much on that. how do I get the most out of search engines and linking to my website. Should I register my business before doing my website or can I wait a week or so?

We have a bunch of free web templates here you can download and use to get started.

How do you get the most out of search engines? That is called Search Engine Optimization. SEO for short. That is an art in and of itself. Consider doing a search on here for that term and on google. That will open up a huge can of worms.

You can put your website together whenever you'd like.

One of the things we have found that seemed to work pretty good for high search engine rankings is when you register a domain like yourtownlawncare.com or yourcountylawncare.com

Usually when people search for lawn care on the internet they do a search by looking for lawn care and then their town or county. When you have this information in the title of your webpages, it has a tendency to put you up at top of the search results.

Keep us posted on how this is going.