PDA

View Full Version : Prank ads?

Steve
07-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I recently saw an article about an airlines that created this prank ad for April fools day.

Do you think some kind of crazy prank ad could get you press attention? And get an article about you and your company in the local paper?

What about, if you promoted that you are the only lawn care business in town that runs robotic controlled lawn mowers. Then have a picture of a lawnmower with a robot sitting on it.

Or if you said you are the first lawn care business in the country to harness wind energy to power your mowers and then have a fake picture with a mower and a windmill on top of it.

Would that grab attention? Or would that be a negative?

The crazy ad seemed to get this airlines some free press so maybe it was good after all?

Airline's passengers punk'd (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23939726/) - We call this a stupid jet trick: Canada's second largest airline this week offered passengers a small "sleeper cabin" in its planes' overhead luggage bins, available for a modest extra charge of $12.

Continuing its irregular tradition of April Fools' Day press releases, Calgary-based WestJet said passengers would be able to stretch out and relax in the luggage rack.

VPS Lawn Care
07-07-2008, 06:22 PM
That is funny, Steve.
What if it was Advertised like, you did not even use a mower, you had a NEW secret grass shrinking potion that all you did was spray on the grass, with a caution notice at the bottom of the ad that said something like, CAUTION! has been known to shrink human feet.......really out there.....lol:D

musician/lawnman
07-07-2008, 09:12 PM
What if you showed up to mow a lawn with a trailer full of hungry cattle? That might get some press attention huh? ".... yeah, times are tough & fuel on top of repairs and maintenence are just too much for us anymore besides, these cows work cheap, the only other tool I carry anymore is a shovel & a trashbag. So when a customer asks do we bag the clippings the answer is, technically..... yes ? "

Steve
07-08-2008, 04:06 AM
LOL I love both of those ideas. Do you think it would be worthwhile if by creating some kind of ad like that, it got you press coverage and it got people talking about you?

Would that make it worth it?