PDA

View Full Version : Quote Cards?

rwslippey
07-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Well I'm going to give this a shot and see if it works... Still not getting any calls... Very confused... either I'm missing something or I'm missing something but... I'm going to try something here... quote card.... I want some opions...

Little's
07-02-2008, 11:57 PM
I would think it would work with at least a few people. I dont think it matters much, but you spelled edging and quality wrong. But that shouldn't make much of a difference (or would it)? Not sure. Cards look good though.

Steve
07-03-2008, 01:46 AM
I like the card. Can you tell us what you are doing to distribute it?

rwslippey
07-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Well, the plan was to visit a few neighborhoods and just write the price on the card and leaveing it at the door...

Like I said before I am not looking to be the most exspenseive top notch LCO but rather an affordable solution to homeowners in the area that don't have the time or menas to care for their own lawns or just need some additional help I think by doing this with the quote cards it may acctually show customers that rpofessional lawn care isn't exspensive (at least with us.... haha)

as far as printing goes... I'm running out of investment funding so it will most likely be regular paper...

Rob

Steve
07-03-2008, 12:01 PM
I wonder if it has to do with not meeting enough people when you are handing them out?

What time of day do you do this? Do you do it on weekends?

rwslippey
07-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Well usually dureing the day sometime between 10 and maybe 4....

no I haven't done any weekends yet...

I wasn't sure how big of an issue this may be but I just relized today that the phone number I have been using is an out of state number ( 302 ) where in the state we use 856 this is for the simple fact that I was working in Delaware (I currently life about 5 minutes from delware just of the memorial bridge... and just haven't changed it.... could it help if I get a local number or atleast one with the area code here?? It's really not all that uncommon for someone to have thier personal cell phone number useing a 302 number atleast around here as alot of people live here and work thier... but for a business I'm not sure the affect it could have...

second question If I was to want to get a local number now I run the possibility of what if somoene calls this number I have now... and doesn't have my new one... I would have to find a way to get a forwarding number and then change the number at the same time... whats your ideas on that?

thanks guys alll ideas are much appriciated!

rwslippey
07-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Couldn't find the edit button...

But I stopped at a relator's office earlier this week and talked to a few of the ladies in the office...

I spoke about a few ideas I saw here and that we could possibly work together in their home sales and my business. They were very interested in boosting the curb appeal on the properties they are trying to sell and thought the idea of adding a years worth the lawn and yard maintenance was a great idea that added alot of value to the property at little cost to the seller... as I was leaving they asked for a quote for everything ... cutting/ edging/ trimming and some landscape work for a rock bed they have around the building... (weed managment)

I'v talked to a few friends in different businesses and just general friends and family as I was passing by the place and they have said my quote is in the right area for the cost of doing the work and the price level I gave... I believe a few comments I got were "very competative!"

I look forward to hearing from the owner and hopfully signing him on as a customer...

Thanks guys for all the help... I owe alot to the forum here... I would of gave up weeks ago if it wasn't for the forum and advice from everyone here

Rob

Steve
07-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Have you ever considered something like vonage? Get a local number and then have it forward to your cell phone?

Also, I am thinking, the more people you meet face to face, the better your chances are of signing them up as a customer.

It will be interesting to see if your sales rate goes up as you meet more people and talk to them as you are handing out your marketing material.

rwslippey
07-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Vonage.. Well I dispise Vonage... The VOIP (voice over IP) I love but I have a few friends that have had Vonage and it was horrible... Calls always sounded like you where in a tin can it was really rediuloud...

however their is something new that a friend of mine has that has worked great for him for a while and I am thinking on trying it myself....
my only problem with that is I use a laptop only for everything and usually take it with me everywhere... I should probly look into forwarding calls that arnt awnsered from it to my cell phone...

check it out http://www.magicjack.com/4/index.asp

From what my friend has said... and I'll quote this "it's the best thing I ever did!"

might be helpful to some people on here...

rob

Steve
07-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Interesting! I never heard of that before. If you experiment with it, let us know.

rwslippey
07-05-2008, 10:17 AM
I just checked with the magic jack company site..

they do have a local number at least the area code 856 for my area of new jersey and they do give you the ability to forward calls so ... Think I'm going to order it soon... I'll most likely set it up at my fathers and just have the number forwarded to my cell witch will give me the local number and it will be constantly on so I don't miss any calls...

it comes with all the standard features...

voicemail, caller ID, Call waiting, forwarding probobly alot more too ...

Steve
07-06-2008, 02:17 AM
Great! Keep us posted on your review of the product and service.

GottaMow
07-07-2008, 12:18 AM
My cousin bought a Magic Jack for his house and he loves it. I have called him since he had it and I can't tell any difference between it and any other phone.

Ben