PDA

View Full Version : my absentee-

All Aspects Landscaping
07-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Hey fella's.... sorry for the mysterious disapperance, as things have take off pretty well with the clothing company, and well, i dont have to say much bout the landscape company... recession what? busy busy. I've been able to check in, not very often, as Im learning how much work it is to simply run a forum... gotta give it up to my man steve... new site looks great man... im still trying to figure the site out. But things are going very well here, im hoping that the july holiday will slow some things up around here. Hope everyone is doing well, i hope to find more time to get back on here... and if you get a chance, check our forum out and lemme know what you think...

Steve
07-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Well I am glad to hear that you are on top of all this. I think you are living the life. Being creative and expressing yourself that is the dream of many many people!

If you could do either one really big, would you do one over the other and why?

Little's
07-02-2008, 06:19 PM
I am visiting the Friction forum often and find it entertaining. Keep up the good work Steve and James.

All Aspects Landscaping
07-02-2008, 08:33 PM
thanks B... slightly different than here, but we need both to stay sane...

and steve... i think that id would go in the direction of the clothing company... ive found one very important thing since starting to promote friction.... in 11 years, when I asked a buddy to give me a hand, they pretty much laughed. Now if i asked for help with Friction.... hah... got thirty people in a heartbeat...so for that fact, i would choose the clothing co.

Plus it would have more potential for mass appeal and a little "status"... lol... that sounds funny, but who wouldnt want their 15 mins of fame? lol

and to all the other guys reading this, check out the forum.... cause we have friction girls!!!!!

Steve
07-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Have you thought of ways you can take the clothing line to the next level? Any new outrageous marketing ideas or business plans?

All Aspects Landscaping
07-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Have you thought of ways you can take the clothing line to the next level? Any new outrageous marketing ideas or business plans?

I am actually looking to buy a unimog (swiss mountain recovery vehicle)... not too good at posting pics and vids.... but were gonna do it up with friction.... bad *** vehicle... Should work out good.... just gotta wifey to free up and extra $5000.00 to buy it!!

Steve
07-03-2008, 02:49 AM
I love those trucks! HAHAHHAH How did you find that? If you get pics, I wanna see. How will you use that to market your clothing line?

Steve
07-03-2008, 02:51 AM
Here is a new one I found online. Beautiful trucks!

All Aspects Landscaping
07-03-2008, 09:50 AM
well first off... a unimog will turn heads... no matter what.. but imagine that thing painted red or white with a black canvas back with Friction written all over it... I found a few online... really low miles and pretty affordable... Im trying to do all this out of pocket, so all these things take time... got over $10,000 invested already, so wifey wants me to chill for a month or two... I will get one and def post some pics... great thing is we will work it so we can advertise the landscape company in the spring months... should be pretty neat.

Steve
07-06-2008, 02:23 AM
James,

Here is an article that might interest you on another clothing company that is using mma to promote it's clothing.

Affliction looks to transfer success of clothing division into fight game (http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5iEouq5p4syXEQo8HUOpBelnv_kfw) - Tom Atencio has helped build Affliction Clothing literally on the back of some of the best-known names in sports and entertainment. Now the Affliction vice-president is looking to use all his connections in building the California-based company's fledgling fight promotion business.

The Affliction celebrity crew includes the likes of musicians Ozzy Osbourne, Megadeth, Korn and Cradle of Filth, baseball's Brad Penny and Ryan Braun, surfers Sunny Garcia and Charlie Carroll, basketball's Shawn Marion, football's Junior Seau and hockey's Ray Emery and Derek Boogaard. Among others.

Maybe you will find it helpful and it might be able to give you new ideas.

All Aspects Landscaping
07-07-2008, 08:37 PM
I wonder, how do they get on the backs of these stars?? Ya think its big money?? or is it who you know??? Im gonna try to use all my resources on this one... get some magazine coverage... some videos online... whatever it takes... were starting a skateboard team and a car club also.

Steve
07-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Well, I think it's a combination of a lot of things. First off, their designs are really resonating with the customer base. These designs are similar to a lot of the tattoos the customers have. The shirts become a billboard not only for the wearer, as they project their lifestyle but they also become a billboard for the company.

I think the owner of the company knows a bunch of fighters too as the article discussed so that definitely helps.

They will also be promoting their first televised fight so they are now coming out to be a competitor of the ufc.

If I were to do this. I would get behind some fighters and promote them in a way that makes them look like stars. I would make it where you had videos that showed them going through their training over time. The ups, the downs and the lifestyle. Then as you promote the image, you can latch onto it with your brand and it becomes a lifestyle.

Think big! What would it take to produce a fight? Could you film it? Could you get the videos on your site? Could you create your own fight league. Could you show the battles between the different fighters? I think you could. I think that would really push the brand image bigger.

Could you put together some kind of magazine or newsletter that focuses on the fighters and talks about what their training regimen is or their diet or different fighting techniques? Bring people into your world of Friction.

All Aspects Landscaping
08-01-2008, 06:51 AM
hey all-
so steve, i took a little of what you had said.. put a little of my own spin on it also, and came up with team friction...

which you can view here:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/4216438/FrictionBILaws

We are also talking about putting on an Amateur MMA show in our hometown and trying to make it grow from there... also, Riddles is working on getting all his creds so we can open up an MMA school... big things on the horizon...

Gonna be a Friction Nation!!

Steve
08-01-2008, 11:35 AM
WOW You put a lot of work into that! Very nice!

Did you happen to see the clothing line Affliction put on their own fight and broke off from sponsoring UFC Fights? They hosted the most recent Fedor fight. It was on pay per view.

Check out this site, it might give you a lot of ideas. http://www.afflictionclothing.com/banned_july19/