PDA

View Full Version : Idea to make extra cash w/Lco

VPS Lawn Care
07-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Ok my wife and i came up with this idea. well it started with something i did in dec when my wife was in the hospital ( we had a new baby girl) i rented this yard stork, sign that said "IT'S A Girl " on it for my wife to see when i brought her home. What if an LCO offered things like this to their customers? We go to most of there houses once a week anyway. You could even offer B-day decarations for the yard also, i payed $35 a week to rent the stork. If ya had 10 20 30 floating out there thats pretty good extra income. You could even offer things like moon walk blow up jumpers for kids b-day parties, not much to setting them up. Then you really would be known as the yard guy i would think. What do you all think, would be interested in hearing all your thought's on this Thank's. her are a couple of pics that gives ya an idea of what they are.

Steve
07-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Hi Sherman,

I think this is a fantastic idea. We talked about this in the past a few times but I haven't seen anyone on here do it yet.

Are you handy with some tools to put some of those storks together?

I'd love to see the process of you putting them together and painting them.

Heck, you could sell the construction plans and designs on here to make yourself even more money!

When might you get started on this?

I can't wait to hear some of your updates.

justin_time
07-01-2008, 10:50 PM
I love the idea. It's a great little feature that any LCO could add to their list.

VPS Lawn Care
07-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Hi Sherman,

I think this is a fantastic idea. We talked about this in the past a few times but I haven't seen anyone on here do it yet.

Are you handy with some tools to put some of those storks together?

I'd love to see the process of you putting them together and painting them.

Heck, you could sell the construction plans and designs on here to make yourself even more money!

When might you get started on this?

I can't wait to hear some of your updates.
Hey guy's, we have decided to go ahead with this option for our cust. we are putting togeather some ideas now. you can buy them already made on-line, but exspensive. i am real handy when it comes to working with wood and will prob. do it my self. When i have some updates i will let ya know., oh btw, i called around to find some places that does this, and only found a couple in my area, i live between orlando and daytona would have thought there would have been alot more, this mrkt seems to be wide open for advancement.

Steve
07-02-2008, 07:56 AM
You know one of the things you could do is just build a couple and then let your customers know you have them and they can use them for a week for free. Then maybe have a sign at the bottom of it that promotes your lawn care company.

This could help you test the waters and see how the interest is who knows it could take off!

It could really help you meet new clients if their neighbors talk about it as well.

VPS Lawn Care
07-02-2008, 07:14 PM
You know one of the things you could do is just build a couple and then let your customers know you have them and they can use them for a week for free. Then maybe have a sign at the bottom of it that promotes your lawn care company.

This could help you test the waters and see how the interest is who knows it could take off!

It could really help you meet new clients if their neighbors talk about it as well.

Wow Steve, I think that is a great idea, look at the free marketing, hmmm..
It could say something like " signs & designs offered courtesy of such & such lawn care and landscaping" I think that is a great idea and could have the petential to build clusters of cust. those that see it would say & think my lco does not offer me anything like that, in fact nothing free at all....people are drwn to free!, great idea steve, will have to work on that.

Steve
07-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Keep us posted on how this goes!