PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Painting

Steve
06-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Is anyone offering lawn painting this year? Where you paint the brown grass with a green paint to give the illusion the grass is healthy?

Would you offer this service if you lived in an area effected by drought?

What's your view?

musician/lawnman
06-29-2008, 02:57 PM
There is a local Lco here that lives on a main street, his trailers always out front & last winter his lawn looked super green, then I noticed the signs he had advertising lawn paint. I though it was brilliant & the use of his lawn as a demo was great (I was impressed), thinking he must be busy as hell..... I spoke with him recently & he said he never got a single call about it. He had real high expectations for the service & it just flopped for him.

Steve
06-29-2008, 08:11 PM
What do you attribute that too? Have you gotten enough rain? Was there not enough brown grass or what?

musician/lawnman
06-29-2008, 08:52 PM
NOOO At the time the lawns were DEAD. I attribute it to a tough economy & most people don't give a crap about their lawns enough to do that here, at least not in the area in which he lives. In upper end areas maybe it would do well?

Steve
06-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Interesting! It makes you wonder, if artificial turf would be the better way to go? Or maybe there wouldn't be much of a market for that either?

I always thought that lawn painting for special events, like birthdays, graduations, anniversaries, Valetine's Day, etc could be lucrative. I haven't seen much on this, but what would it take to have a few pre-made stencils? Paint a big read heart on the front lawn that says 'I love you' in white letters? How long would that take and how much could you charge?