PDA

View Full Version : www.doggyoggy.com Pet lawn care product

delle
04-28-2008, 03:18 AM
Im just an average joe with a over active imagination. i created a product called doggyoggy that can create a niche for lawn and landscaping companies. its a 100% natural product mix that kills bacteria and parasites related to animal feces. It can be spread onto the lawn with a spreader in solid form or in a hose feeder when mixed with water. the benefits to the customers are:
1. less parasites and bacteria (less illness for the children and pets.. decreases vetinary visits)
2. less doggy poo smell
3. doesn't spread bacteria to neighbors lawn that utilizes the same lawn service

Steve
04-28-2008, 03:32 AM
Hi Delle,

Welcome to our forum! That sounds very interesting! How did come up with this idea?

Do you want to plug your website?

Also would you like to offer some kind of discount to our forum members to get them to try your product out?

Steve
04-28-2008, 04:09 AM
I checked out the site and I think this product could really be a great upsell for lawn care business owners.

This is from Delle's site. http://www.doggyoggy.com

"I am Delle Roach, and I created Doggy Oggy. When I was informed, by my lawn service provider that I needed to pick up after my dog in my own backyard I was less than enthused. The reason behind this discussion was that when my lawn guy cuts the lawn, the lawn mowers transfer whatever is in one yard to another. Dog owners transfer harmful bacteria to other dog and non-dog owners. In short the entire process is a bacteria swap fest, which is often the reason behind unexplained illnesses amongst adults, kids and canine. I understood that picking up after my dog wouldnít completely solve the bacteria problem in my lawn but it reduced the amount of E. Coli and bacteria that gets transferred to other lawns by 50%."

Now you could offer spreading this product on lawns twice a month for dog owners.

What do you all think of this?

All Aspects Landscaping
04-28-2008, 05:13 AM
its a little expensive, dont u think?

Steve
04-28-2008, 05:31 AM
I don't know what price point it would take to make it work.

What's your view on what would you pay and what would you ideally charge for such a service that spread this product?

The bags on the site are small, and I am guessing ideally you would want a big bag, like the size of a large dog food bag. Buying in bulk could probably make a big difference in cost.

All Aspects Landscaping
04-28-2008, 05:48 AM
Yeah, we would need 50# bags at least! Probably for the same price too... twice a month... I cant see ya charging more than 40 or 50 bucks, but with this economy, i dont know if you can get a hundred bucks a month for this product... plus you still have to pick it up...

Steve
04-28-2008, 06:00 AM
So would that come out to $20 - $25 per application?

All Aspects Landscaping
04-28-2008, 02:03 PM
dont know... haven't run the numbers.... If the price can come down a bit we might be able to sell it. Its a good idea, but also limited market... just wondering if it is something that might be forgotten in the routes.

delle
04-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the questions and responses..

I came up with the product because I was really concerned about kids and pets health, and my own health of course. Letís say my lawn mower guy made me feel guilty for not picking the poo up. *

The economy slump is indeed an issue.
i feel that going green is on the rise and pet owner ship is booming.

Addressing the price: ($12.99)
I thought $12.99 was pretty fair for consumers but I will be offering a discount to this forum's members. I chopped shipping to lowest I can get it using commercial instead of residential for this business forum and added 30% discount to members of this Forum.
Just type the words GOPHER to get the discount.
LIMITED TIME OFFER (ends May 6, 2008)

Thanks again for your responses and questions this site awesome. i would love a website plug
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/yourock.gif

Steve
04-29-2008, 04:14 AM
Hi Delle,

I think you might want to make your offer last a little longer. Think about offering it for a month. If I promote it on the GopherHaul show, there is some lag time for viewers to see it and act. Plus I still have to put it together.

I like the concept. It's one of those products, like anti bacterial soap, where you will pay a premium for the safety and security factor, even if it is difficult for the consumer to see that it works.

One of the things you also should consider is creating marketing material for the lawn care business owner to use to help sell this to their customers.

I would suggest get a graphic designer and put together some door hangers and postcards that sell the application of this service and then leave a section on it blank, for the lawn care business owner to put their contact information in.

Also, you could put together a video where it shows a lawn and then cuts to a petri dish.

Show how ecoli grows and then how your product kills ecoli.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/ames/images/content/173697main_ssbrp.jpg

The lawn care business owner could then put this video on their site as a way to help further sell the application of this service to their customer.

Next I think you are going to want to find a way to ship larger shipments of this product.

Maybe you can find distributors on here. Maybe the lawn care business owner could become a local distributor of your product?

Or find garden centers to resell it.

We also need to figure out the figures.
How much would this product cost the lawn care business owner to apply it?
How much could they sell the service for?
What profit margin could they make?

If the figures are right, I think you could really be onto something and have this as an upsell for lawn care businesses.

What's your thoughts on all of this?

Steve
04-29-2008, 05:06 AM
By the way, do you wanna see something crazy?

I just did a search for doggy oggy on google.com and guess what!

The Lawnchat blog post I just made came up #1 and #2 on the search engine. WOW! Talk about reaching out to people! Isn't that pretty cool?

justin_time
04-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Do you ship to Canada ?

delle
04-30-2008, 12:12 AM
Those are really good suggestions. I will extend my offer to 31st, that's for the entire month of May. Im going to start working on the door hangers this week as per your advice. Im wondering how i would get the door hangers into the hands of the lawn buiness owners and at a quantity that would make an impact.

creating a video is completely new to me. ive been curious about how to edit them. do you have a simple video editing software that you can suggest? i will start shooting next week.

i will definately consider a distributor once large shipping becomes to large to take on inhouse.

i must admit, when it comes to figures of a
lawn service business its a bit of a learning curve since i have not ran a lawn service myself. However, Im will to learn. You have given some really good advice.

delle
04-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Hey, justin.. how is it going. Shipping to Canada will be available soon. still working out the cost.

thanks for your questions and suggestions.. keep it coming!

Steve
04-30-2008, 05:56 AM
Quote[/b] ]those are really good suggestions. I will extend my offer to 31st, that's for the entire month of May.

Hi Dell,

Good! This will be most helpful.

Quote[/b] ] Im going to start working on the door hangers this week as per your advice. Im wondering how i would get the door hangers into the hands of the lawn buiness owners and at a quantity that would make an impact.

I think two great ways to do it would be to put them on your site for free download and then I will put them in my free door hanger template download section too. I can also mention them in a future GopherHaul when they are ready.

You wouldn't be printing them, just creating a template with words and images that the lawn care business owner would use.

As you start playing with ideas, please post them and I will offer you some suggestions.

Quote[/b] ]creating a video is completely new to me. ive been curious about how to edit them. do you have a simple video editing software that you can suggest? i will start shooting next week.

Try the video editing software Vegas. It's pretty cheap. I look forwards to seeing what you create.

Quote[/b] ]i will definately consider a distributor once large shipping becomes to large to take on inhouse.

Good.

Quote[/b] ]i must admit, when it comes to figures of a
lawn service business its a bit of a learning curve since i have not ran a lawn service myself. However, Im will to learn. You have given some really good advice.

I would say, figure out what the largest amount is you could ship. Can you ship a 50 lbs bag? Don't worry about any fancy graphics on it. I bet you could get some bags and start offering this as a test run.

Then I would ask you, how much would it cost in your product to spread it across an entire lawn?

This is something you could easily figure out.

Find the average size of a lawn, how many sq ft? 5,000? Then give us a figure on how much the product would cost to cover that.

This would also be a great selling point to professionals.

What you want to do is show them how much they could charge and make per application.

Say the average lawn is 5,000 sq ft. and the lawn care business wants to charge $39.95 per application. How much would the materials cost to apply this? How much profit could the lawn care business make?

musician/lawnman
04-30-2008, 09:10 AM
I was thinking.... Many of my pet owning customers really don't seem to care about their yard much, They are retired & don't play in it, they don't have kids in the house anymore (so now they have a dog instead to keep them company). I don't think they would hop for even an extra $30-40 a month because they don't really care. However, If you offered a concentrated version designed so we could simply spray treat our equipment after servicing a doggy lawn to minimize the transfer of bacteria to other customers who do care, we could pretty easily install an additional $3-5 per service fee to the pet owners. I could market it to them like this...

I understand Mrs. Smith that you don't oten go in your yard much so it may not be a direct concern of yours, but many of my customers that I visit after you along my route have children who do play in the yard.... I'm trying to look out for the health & well fare of all my clients & their families. Obviously I cannot charge them to cover the cost of the products required to protect them from bacteria born in your yard, So since you have chosen to have a pet & pets are causing this expense I must ask you to pay this additional fee.

We could probably keep a bottle of it & a sprayer on the trailer for quick application.

What do you thnk of that?

Steve
04-30-2008, 09:27 AM
I like the idea. I'd like to see what Delle thinks too.

Chuck,

What would you have to make (profit) to make spreading this product on a lawn worth while to you per application? Based on a average sized yard. What would you feel you could potentially charge per application?

musician/lawnman
04-30-2008, 02:08 PM
I don't know. I have a $25 minimum, Other than for an estimate, my trailer gate won't drop for less. So if you have use a spreader (for granual ) & the materials was only a few bucks probably around there. Now It's gotta be watered in I assume, So if they don't have sprinklers you gotta stand there with their hose..... thats time & adds money. If it's spread in a liquid form It might be faster in this case. Though I don't know if this would fall under pest control ordinances as I am not yet licensed to use such products on turf. I think he mentioned it is to be applied twice monthly.... I don't see many people jumping at an additional $50 a month to sanitize their yard & speed up the poop decomposition process. Personally I look forward to getting by business large enough that I can turn the dog lawns down & just not deal with them at all. It's gross as ####. Especially when the deck gets clogged & you gotta scoop out clumps of grass & lord knows what else you ran over. or when you hit a pile o' crap with a line trimmer...... yeah..... at those moments I can't figure out why I agreed to service these people at all.

Steve
05-01-2008, 04:15 AM
Hi Chuck,

You bring up a lot of good points. I wonder if it would just be easier to spray it on with a hose and then maybe the formula could be a concentrated version that could cover more area and lighter to ship. Then the lawn care business owner could mix it on site and spray it. It might be more cost effective.

Would you need a pesticide license to spread this? That is a very good question too. Delle, you might want to look into this, this would be a huge question for a lot of lawn care business owners.

Delle, you really should consider getting a few lawn care business owners to try this out and offer this service to their customers.

Maybe pick a few lawn care business owners from our site and set them up with some free samples. Then have them help you work out the figures on how to make this concept sell to other lawn care business owners.

Then you could get some testimonials from them and that would help you sell your product further.

Let me know what you think.

delle
05-02-2008, 12:17 AM
I did my research on needing a pesticide liscence.. and under:
"40 CFR 152.25(g)(l) and shown in Appendix A" lists of exemption products

and

"ERA'S policy of "commonly consumed foods"
"Products; List of Minimal Risk Inerts."

You do not need a pesticide license for my product..

Yep.. you can lick to lawn and live..

... my door hanger is created in gif. but im not sure how to up load it other than using the IB Code buttons on this forum.

chuck mentioned spraying it directly onto the lawn mower to between shifts or after a days work.. that is pretty good idea.. but, what would stop you from spraying lysol on your blades instead? i thought that the attribute that set my product apart was the natural aspect so that children and dogs don't get sick. when it comes to spraying your lawn mower blades would you really buy a natural product for that?

Both of you have hit the jackpot on the water-mix point of view... Actually in the directions it mentions that mixing with water is the economic approach. all it needs is 2 teaspoons a gallon. its really up to the users convenience how they want to spread the product.

in reference to giving a free trial. its very tempting.. ive rolled it around in my head for a bit. And i am still thinking it through thoroughly. A recap of our discussion revealed the customer can't see the actual results except maybe the lack of long puffy weeds where their dog frequented to take care of business. A free sample wouldn't help me, you or the customer if they are not interested in its benefits. i think a better idea would be to see if the customer is interested in a product by simply including a mini flyer in their invoice/reciepts. i could provide mini flyers for free because it costs me alot less to ship. to humor your suggestion, I would at least offer the product at the same price it cost to produce but, the shipping part im not enthusiastic about. Everyone is understandably skeptical to back a new product but $8.84 isn't a whole lot of risk.. lunch maybe?

let's find a middle ground

Oh Update!: have anyone typed "pet lawn care" in yahoo search page lately?.. DoggyOggy is on the first page now.

I really want this to work for everyone

Steve
05-02-2008, 02:36 AM
Hi Delle,

Quote[/b] ]You do not need a pesticide license for my product..
This is good and I would make sure it was on your website. This will be a selling point to get lawn care businesses to buy it. It can be tough to get the license.

Quote[/b] ]my door hanger is created in gif. but im not sure how to up load it other than using the IB Code buttons on this forum.

Email it to me (slow@gophersoftware.com) and I will get it up here so we can all help you review it.

Quote[/b] ]Both of you have hit the jackpot on the water-mix point of view... Actually in the directions it mentions that mixing with water is the economic approach. all it needs is 2 teaspoons a gallon. its really up to the users convenience how they want to spread the product.

This might be the easiest way to sell it to lawn care business owners now and get this rolling. You can always scale up and offer 50lb bags of your product in the future as your distribution channels expand.

Quote[/b] ]in reference to giving a free trial. its very tempting.. ive rolled it around in my head for a bit. And i am still thinking it through thoroughly. A recap of our discussion revealed the customer can't see the actual results except maybe the lack of long puffy weeds where their dog frequented to take care of business. A free sample wouldn't help me, you or the customer if they are not interested in its benefits. i think a better idea would be to see if the customer is interested in a product by simply including a mini flyer in their invoice/reciepts.

In my opinion, this is something you really really should consider. If I were you I would get a few lawn care business owners on my team. I would get their picture and a testimonial from them on my site about your product.

We need to find out if this product can be moved by having lawn care business owners upsell it to their current customer base. If you have a few lawn care business owners offer it as an upsell and it starts to work, then you will be cooking with gas and you can fan the flame even further.

Everything in business starts with a spark and then that spark has to be worked to catch fire further and further. Think about how minimal the costs are in trying to get a spark going. Nothing when you look at it from the big picture.

Pick 3 lawn care business owners that are willing to work with you. Give them $50 or $100 each worth of your product and give them some marketing templates to send out to their customers. Get feedback from them and use their image and testimonials and this will help sell your product.

In fact, to get this started, a lawn care business owner could market your product with their spring services and offer a free trial spraying of their lawn with Doggy Oggy. Then the lco can get a testimonial from the customer saying something like "I feel so much more secure knowing that I am not getting my family members or pets sick due to diseases spread across my lawn by my pets. The added money per month is well worth it to me."

Getting such a quote would be gold for you on your website.

I think the key to promoting this product is going to be the testimonials and the feeling of a sense of safety and security that your lawn is not spreading diseases.

Tell me your thoughts.

ProCut TM
05-03-2008, 02:01 AM
Delle,

I think you have a great idea here and would like to give it a try when I have a few extra bucks. My wife and I are dog lovers and this seem like a very responsible product to use. Check your area for home shows this would be a great way to showcase your product. Also shoot me an e-mail with you website and other info procut@tampabay.rr.com I would be happy to add your link to my website www.procutturfmanagement.com

John

delle
05-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Three lawn business owners sounds reasonable for a free test run.. i think ProCut is a good candidate.. nice to meet you Procut I'll email you so i can get the product out to you free of cost, be sure to let give me some feedback...

Thanks, TGopher for the advice, Now i need 2 more candidates for test runs and feedback.
have anyone else in mind?
oh i sent that email with a door hanger attached..

EatingEmoKids
05-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Hey delle, sounds like a pretty cool product. I have dogs and a lot of people on my street do too. I think people would us it, cause a lot of them have little kids and they wouldnt want them getting sick. good luck with your product!

Steve
05-04-2008, 04:39 AM
Hi Delle,

Ok we got a lot going on here now.

First we need 2 more test lawn care companies to join in here. If anyone is interested, please let us know. If I don't hear from anyone, I will put it out on the GopherHaul show and also we might consider doing a lawn care business podcast on this in the evening possibly next week, to attract more interest.

Second off, I got your door hanger. I will include it here.

Here is my view. The image and size of it should be a lot bigger. I would design it based on a 300dpi image.

I just went to a printing website online and saw their file requirements.

Quote[/b] ]Question: What is the lowest resolution you accept?
Answer: The file(s) must be at least 300 dots per inch (dpi) at the final output size.
From here http://www.proxprint.com/file_prep.php

Also they have some downloadable doorhanger templates that will help you.

Check them out here http://www.proxprint.com/templat....rhanger (http://www.proxprint.com/templates.php?mode=2&template=premium_doorhanger)

Ideally you want to allow the lawn care business owner to download the doorhanger template design that is just about ready to print. All they need to do is add their contact information at the bottom and then send it off to the printer.

Now as to the design of the doorhanger, if Chestin from http://www.lawncaremarketingmagic.com were to join this discussion, he would probably tell us to use this.

* Attention grabbing headline
* Benefits the customer will receive
* A killer offer to motivate them to act, in this case, there are 2 such offers (free 1st visit, free soil/lawn analysis)
* A strong, direct call to action - Call Today!
* Risk reversal elements, in this case the satisfaction guarantee
* Third party proof, here itís the testimonial
* Elements of social proof, in this case the credit card logos

So how would this apply to you?

You could have an attention grabbing headline that said, maybe something like, Is your lawn making your family & pets sick?

Then explain to the potential customer the benefits they will receive by using your product.

Etc.

Does this help?

If anyone else has some thoughts, please jump in.

musician/lawnman
05-04-2008, 06:33 AM
I would like to give it a try Delle.

ProCut TM
05-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks a lot Delle I will look for your e-mail procut@tampabay.rr.com

also let me know about the link exchange on our sites
www.procutturfmanagement.com

John

Steve
05-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Delle,

Good job! You are on the ball. This is a lot better. It will help you market your product further. You should get this on your site and label it FREE Marketing material or something like that. Add to your collection as you go. Flyers or postcards etc.

Here is the doorhanger design (http://www.gophergraphics.com/images/doggy_revised_hanger.gif).

delle
05-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Sounds good Chuck let me know your email so i can get the address to send the free samples to. John i sent an email requesting an a mailing address as well. Thanks for the imput. im going to put a link to both of your websites on my website as well as gophergraphics.com

All Aspects Landscaping
05-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Hey Delle-
send a sample down to NJ... you can email me at allaspects@mac.com... I have three dogs myself, so I will def give you some honest feedback.

One other question, why didnt you name it va-poo-rize?

musician/lawnman
05-07-2008, 06:23 AM
Thanks Delle, Looking foward to it.
chuck@charlotttecountylawns.com

That's pretty clever Jamie!

or Poo-B-Gone!
Terd Eraser!

I'm sure I can come up with more.....
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

StealthDumpTrucks
05-07-2008, 08:01 AM
I don't have a dog but alot of my neighbors do. I'd like to test market your product to them and my homeowners association. People walk their dogs and let them poop on HOA grounds like the pool complex. I get nastygram emails all the time about residents allowing their dog to drop a load on the front lawns, then not cleaning up. My wife goes ape when they do it on ours cause she push mows it.

We have man made lakes for storm water management that overflow into the bay. It's a common theme here to protect the bay ecosystem. I anticipate the first question I'll hear is "what's the stuff made out of and what about runoff into the bay?"

Do you have an MSDS or list of active ingredients? Is it printed on the bag? Does it come in palletized loads?

StealthDumpTrucks
05-07-2008, 09:00 AM
I notice you used "patent pending" on your website. *When did you file your application? *I ran a search for published applications and granted patents, but came up empty. *If you haven't filed, you can't use 'patent pending'. *Do you need help with filing before time runs out?

Not to get picky, but you also can't use the circle R for a registered trademark when it hasn't been granted yet. You can use the superscript TM since you've filed.

delle
05-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the different name options. Va-poo-rize *and poo be gone sounds good but it gives the impression that you can apply Doggy Oggy and the poo would disappear. Not to mention the websites are taken and problably registered already with the government. i don't want to miss represent the product. I used *the name Doggy Oggy because it's easier to remember and im trying to appeal the the consumer's need for a catchy "cute" (yuck) names. *The best part? the name was available.

Thanks for your research Eric.. I've only been denied on one of my many trademarks registered so i'm confident that it will be registered but i did apply. that said, i'm going to keep the R on the name i filed for. Of course today people can be a redtape driving killjoy that are very impatient but i don't think that's your description, you just need to see it online before u can endorse it for the home owners association which is understood.

Active ingredients are listed on "sold" items but information of its contents are sent with each box of free samples. Im not going to drive myself crazy because the info can't be found instantly on the government web but i understand your concern. The government is slowwwwwwwwwww in filing patents. ill just wait till the government shows it online before i send you a free sample.

Thanks for the responses guys. Keep it coming!

Steve
05-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Delle,

You got a lot of great info here. It's amazing how everyone individually has something to offer. I never knew about the ® or patent pending issues. Very neat! I am guessing Eric knows about that because he has done so with his pickup dump designs.

I like the name Doggy Oggy as well. It does stand out.

I learn something new here everyday http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

StealthDumpTrucks
05-07-2008, 12:58 PM
...my only concerns are to help you avoid problems with the USPTO. Once your trademark application is assigned to an examiner, the first thing they'll do is look up your website and see the Registered mark. The next thing they'll do is send you a letter telling you to remove it.

My own trademark application had to be abandoned because of a trademark troll. But all that is public knowledge so I won't bore you with details. Nothing personal, but if I'm intending to purchase and resell a product, I need to perform some due diligence research on it and the vendor. I have no hostile intentions, but as a victim of various scams, I can advise you how to protect yourself.

If you've filed your patent or provisional, then you can use the "patent pending" and disclose your active ingredients. You can also market your product and offer the formula for sale to larger players. My patent attorney's husband is a chemist who's sole income is from royalties paid by major corporations.

My patent took from April 8, '04 to Oct. 13, '05 before it was published for opposition. It was finally granted on August 15, 2006.

StealthDumpTrucks
05-07-2008, 02:45 PM
I see you do know about the difference between TM and R marks. *Just wondering why you haven't changed to the circle R on your myspace page.

Whatever happened to e-National Information? *You know that URL name and variations have never been registered? *Could you give us an idea where you're headed with the Spartan Shield condom line?

delle
05-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Congrats on your patent by the way... took more than a year I noticed for the government get to it, which proves the hurry up and wait situations that is completely in the govt hands.

It's really good that patents and trademark exists. It separates the long-term from the short-term entrepreneurs.

Does any one know of a company that does door hangers?

I decided instead of just shooting the samples Iíll make it as easy as possible to test with homeowners by providing write-ups, keywords and door hangers. I might as well do it right the first time.

Thanks steve, I like Doggy Oggy too. i can't remember alot of my other products but that one i remember well

Smooth Printing
05-07-2008, 04:17 PM
please find below a flyer with specials we are running on door hangers and tri fold brochures if you need a higher quantity please e-mail us for a quote at orders@smoothprinting.com also please keep in mind we never charge for designing, set up fees, per color etc the bottom line is the price with ground shipping included!!!

http://smoothprinting.com/Images/Landscapeflyersm.gif (http://smoothprinting.com/marketing)

delle
05-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Interesting, i don't see the connection of my other products *to lawn but its definately good for other forums..

thanks for the add by the way Steve..

Steve
05-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Delle,

I had Smooth Printing Contact you for your door hangers. I hope this helps.

StealthDumpTrucks
05-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Oh, my bad, sorry for looking like a killjoy. You shouldn't tempt me with secret doggy poo formulas. Back when i first started mowing I didn't have a ramp to load my rider. It had to be lifted onto the tailgate of my truck. One of the first yards I did had dogs. I had the unfortunate luck of grabbing a handfull on the back tire.

delle
05-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks Steve and Smooth Printing i look forward to working with you on those door hangers.

Eric, it's not a secret doogy poo formula. if you had it back then when u stuck your back tire in poo it would still have stuck to your back tire, the poo would still be there on the lawn waiting for you, the only difference is that you would have alot less bacteria and parasites to wash off and possibibly dragged into your yard or garage.

delle
05-13-2008, 10:09 AM
hey all, i'm still waiting on large moisture bags to come in so i can issue larger bags for free trials. It should hold between 8-10 lbs.

Steve
05-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Good job! Did you at all want to try your hose applicator? Or no?

Keep us posted.

StealthDumpTrucks
05-23-2008, 01:29 AM
randelle been AWOL ten days

Last login date: May 13 2008,6:00

Musta hit the doggy poo lotto or gone back to marketing music and condoms.

musician/lawnman
05-23-2008, 06:26 AM
Funny as ####.

Steve
05-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Well, I would have liked to have seen his product work and take off for him. Who knows, maybe he will be back, maybe he won't.

I love seeing people explore and be creative http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

StealthDumpTrucks
05-23-2008, 04:56 PM
I don't know about this stuff Steve. If he's got the patent filed then he could disclose the contents. The other thing is, how do you convince the marketplace that they've got to have this stuff? You can't even get them to pick-up after their dogs.

Steve
05-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Quote[/b] ]The other thing is, how do you convince the marketplace that they've got to have this stuff? You can't even get them to pick-up after their dogs.

I don't know if it would work or not. I don't know if customers could be convinced to try or use it. I like to see initiative. This project may or may not work for him. If he sticks with it, he may find something that really takes off. It could be this, it could be something else. I like to see people try things. To experiment http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

I would like to see some of you get some samples from him so we could at least test it and see if customers would want it.

StealthDumpTrucks
05-23-2008, 10:39 PM
I've got this funny feeling you won't see samples or delle again.

StartALawnCareBusiness
05-24-2008, 02:42 AM
Encouragement and skepticism are not mutually exclusive.

StealthDumpTrucks
05-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Everyone has the freedom to visit delles website and purchase the product rather than await free samples. *Go ahead and enter your personal info and payment method.

Personally, I have reservations about doing business thru a web site that uses a flash template and false staffer names as part of their advertising. *Marta Healy, Alan Smith, and Laura Stegner do not exist. *If they are real people they work for these people too:
http://flexiwebsw.co.uk/site/index-1.html
http://www.greatstartkids.org/
http://www.harboursidemassage.com.au/index-5.html
http://www.masfg.com.au/index-1.html
http://www.thesunshack.co.uk/index-4.html

I'd like to encourage delle to work on his web site and credibility. *That should reduce the level of skepticism encountered while marketing to people with IQs over 90.

Steve
05-24-2008, 11:34 AM
I'd like to point out that I don't know yet if this product will work or not. I have yet to test it or hear about being tested.

It has been my experience that new businesses have a tendency to overdo certain things. If you are one person, you try to make yourself seem bigger by adding more people to your website roster.

For instance, I am reading a book now on Joe Weider, publisher of Muscle and Fitness, creator of the Mr. Olympia body building contest etc.

http://www.magazines.com/magcom/covers/0/06/169/0061691.jpg

When he was first getting started with publishing his magazine, he used to write articles and put different peoples names as the writers, to make it look as if he had a staff of writers.

Another example of this would be how a guy would start a business and then have his wife or gf record the outgoing answering machine message to make it seem there are more people than just him working in his business.

I don't mind Eric being skeptical. I think we all tend to be until proven otherwise, I just am trying to figure out the line where creative license crosses over into fraud.

I tend to give entrepreneurs a wide berth for experimentation purposes.

StealthDumpTrucks
05-24-2008, 12:17 PM
If you review this whole thread from the start, the wide berth included violations of federal law concerning trademarks and patents. *Once delle was informed of these issues, he changed the web site. *If the advertising claims are false, that is also illegal. *Should the product use active or inert chemical compounds, it has to be disclosed on the product packaging per EPA and FTC laws for consumer protection, interstate commerce and transport. *If it's sold to a contractor whos employees have to handle or apply it, then it must come with an MSDS to comply with state & federal "Right to know" laws. *This is especially important considering the claim it's killing microbes to promote improved animal and human health benefits. *The FDA might want some of this to help sterilize hospitals, or the USDA for cattle operations ya know?

PS....the terms and conditions page still references "Doggyoggy" as a registered trademark. *I guess delle still needs to edit that portion. *http://www.shop.doggyoggy.com/termsandconditions.sc

PPS..US Serial No: 77447450 which is Randelles trademark application is under the descriptive classification of the following products: Biocides, germicides, bactericides, virucides, fungicides, insecticides, pesticides and herbicides.

SPECIMEN DESCRIPTION scanned digitally photographed instruction containers; Retail Pouch containing bactericide crystals; commerce website:http://www.doggyoggy.com; product crystals/granules

It's logical to assume such product classes have active chemicals that must be disclosed.

In my humble opinion, it's a load of crap.

StartALawnCareBusiness
05-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Quote[/b] ]If you are one person, you try to make yourself seem bigger by adding more people to your website roster.

Steve: This is interesting. I am sure you have heard me speak before on how lawn care is a personal service. Moreso, it is a relationship you strike between you and your customer.

In my experience, customers would rather be serviced by a small, personally owned company rather than a large scale operation.

When I had people working for me, my customers loved it that I, the owner of the company, would never go more than one cycle without personally checking on the work or taking part in the work myself.

I recommend lawn care companies keep that small-time feel especially for residential customers.

Appearing big is okay if you are going after large contracts. Then again, those people aren't fooled easily. Why appear deceptive?

Honesty is a great policy.

Keith

delle
05-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey all, im getting that "i want it now" vibe which is good and bad.. i read some very interesting points. let me see if i can clear up some for ya.

samples: im waiting on the large bags like i was told that you guys wanted (LARGE) as oppose to me my small 1 (lb) bag.

i realize there is an issue with credibility so im working with a experienced advisor that is familiar with invention products. i was informed to lean more towards veterinary feedback so im gonna see what vets they think first. i also realize i need to do more research on the type of grass it can be used on. im not going to constantly talk about trademarks and patents. lawyers often say its non of your business. u want the ingredients .. buy the product.. im following all EPA rules.... if you don't want to buy the product then "hurry up and wait" im not giving all info on a forum.. how sweet would that be

in short im working on a lot here trying to get my startup on the right path if i'm here typing all day everyday i won't get much done

i keep hearing dumptrucks with " i don't like" .. and blah blah blah. rules rules rules.. here are some examples of websites blah. your not changing the world it just reads like a person thats been scorned too many times probably spent a whole lot of money on an product nobody wants ($3000 is a bit much). all i did is build a website about my product and giving it away for free and this guy is slashing and biting and griping and crying. FOR WHAT i don't even know .. I recommend ignore buttons! re-invent that.. ill pay you for it

StealthDumpTrucks
05-24-2008, 04:58 PM
When you're sitting around the conference table with your advisor, Marta, Alan, and Laura, tell them I said Hi!

How can you follow all EPA rules when you can't even follow the simplest patent and trademark rules? *Oh yeah, none of that applies to you because it's all a blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, blingblam drag. *Through your shortcuts to market, you diminish the achievement, efforts and investments of people who do follow the laws & rules. *

I'm just a killjoy crybaby because I don't buy your story. *Rather than address the points, you deflect the attention to me, while adding personal insult. *Thanks for the free psychological analysis of my overly scorned personality Doc. *Boy you really nailed me on that one, I need a free sample of whatever meds you're on.

I apologize to everyone here as a group for throwing a wrench into the finely tuned gears of delles scam. *I won't offer any more unsolicited opinions or facts that might deter unsuspecting trusting souls from purchasing bags of magical fairy crystals.

Steve
05-24-2008, 05:41 PM
I don't want this post to spin any further out of control.

We can start a new one.

Forums are very difficult to moderate.

We just can't attack one another. We can have discussions but we can't go further than that. Share your view point, let others share their view point but no personal attacks.

I want us all to enjoy intellectual discussions, learn and grow.