PDA

View Full Version : Clothing Company

All Aspects Landscaping
01-31-2008, 11:07 AM
on the fence about this design... it would be on a black hat... let me know if you would wear it!

Steve
01-31-2008, 01:37 PM
Could you tell us a little about what this logo symbolizes to you?

All Aspects Landscaping
01-31-2008, 04:32 PM
well... the company name is Friction clothing... wanted something eye catching... my only thought is that it was maybe a little too piratey... plus I didnt know how any women would react... It may be a little too gothy and dark for mass appeal

Steve
02-01-2008, 03:01 AM
I like the name. Have you come up with a slogan yet? There has to be a great way to take that name and come up with a hook.

Little's
02-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Do you have any other ideas for logos that we could compare. I like this logo, but it just seems to be lacking something, I'm just not sure what.

Steve
02-01-2008, 02:47 PM
You know I just had another idea as well. What if you created a line of clothing with 'attitude' for lawn care business owners! I bet you could sell a bunch of clothes that way because you know the client base!

You could also promote it here too!

All Aspects Landscaping
02-01-2008, 04:51 PM
thanks for the idea guys... our slogan is

every BODY needs a little FRICTION...

All Aspects Landscaping
02-01-2008, 04:54 PM
another logo design is just the name... its really crude

StartALawnCareBusiness
02-01-2008, 06:29 PM
The first thing I thought of when seeing your logo was "British Knights." Remember that company back in the '90's?

"Friction Clothing" I like that name.

What is friction? Friction comes about when surfaces rub or grind against each other.

What if your logo evokes the concept of two dissimilar surfaces in contact, each applying its force upon the other?

Keith

All Aspects Landscaping
02-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Keith... I 100% agree with you... i having trouble personifying (if thats the right term) the word friction... Ive been racking my brain since august...(while blowing leaves... sitting on the ZTR... while watching my guys work) Im looking for that symbol or idea still... thats why were just using the name now... we have a concept for a flyer, its borderline strip club so were gonna ### it down a little but tell me what you think...

Little's
02-01-2008, 11:11 PM
I like it a lot.
Have you seen the Vin-T-Bikinis. This lady started this business taken authentic vintage t-shirts and turning them into bikinis. They sell from $135+. Check them out here
http://www.vintbikini.com/bikini.html

All Aspects Landscaping
02-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Brandon... thats pretty sweet.... what a great idea!!! Where did you find that?? Girlfriend? wife? both? lol... Im glad to see that you dig some of the stuff Ive been working on... can i count on you to be a customer?? lol... Im totally up to any ideas you guys have as far as designs go... thanks
j

StartALawnCareBusiness
02-02-2008, 12:18 AM
Okay, I see a bit more where you're going with this.

Personally, I would tone down the nipple on the girl to the right...but, that's just me. *It's evocative enough without that.

Hmmm....friction....dissimilar surfaces...guys and girls are dissimilar. *What about the idea of skin rubbing against skin? *A certain amount of friction is good on that subject.

What about body parts? *What do guys like about girl's bodies? *Curves? *Curves are good...curve of a girl's cheek leading into her neck...neck into her shoulder, curve of her waist line, curve of the small of her back. *

What about a guy's hand moving against one of those curves, maybe a rough workman's hand, strong, calloused....causing friction.

Strong and calloused vs. soft and curvy.

Shy away from a literal translation. *Evoke emotion without being 'in your face.' *

Just a few ideas. *This will be fun to see what you come up with.

Keith

Little's
02-02-2008, 12:22 AM
I actually saw the brand on TV. Not sure what the show was called, but they bring new ideas/products on and critique the name, idea, pros, cons, marketing, price, etc. and at the same time it brings attention to the product. I do remember they told the lady to charge more for her bikinis, and that her name was not good (it reminded them of the Starbucks large drink). I noticed she kept her prices the same and didn't change her name like they suggested.
I would buy your products. Let me know when you get them going.
I had a friend who created a clothing brand called Demented Life. He started out by selling large car window stickers he designed (sold hundreds), then he began airbrushing on shirts, and sold a ton of them too. Unfortunately his name was to similar to his life, and drugs kept him from moving on with his ideas.

All Aspects Landscaping
02-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Good thoughts guys... gonna have to put my thinking cap on for that analysis of the calloused vs soft and curvy... and its funny that you mention the nipple...i told my artist that it had to go...that pic is just a first draft... also I told him that we need to have a silohette of a guy on there also... to create a little friction... (great minds think alike) plus we dont need the tagline on there three times...
I do appreciate all the ideas and comments... I just wish more guy wouldve taken the poll...

Steve
02-02-2008, 06:02 AM
Here is an image of the Friction Clothing logo, that James posted as a pdf file.

Steve
02-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Here is another concept for you.

It's amazing how difficult it is to create a concept of something that is edgy enough for the brand yet doesn't cross the line of being TOO edgy.

All Aspects Landscaping
02-02-2008, 08:12 AM
good work steve

Steve
02-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Although maybe then you would need to offer bikinis for that ad to work!

Steve
02-02-2008, 08:52 AM
LOL I just had an idea! What if you did the bikini lawn care business as a side project and you made bikinis for them! Would that get promotion?

Friction Clothing / Friction Lawn Care / Friction Bikini Lawn Care Team

You could set up a booth at a landscape trade show and have the gals hand out calendars that they signed and promoted your clothing line. Have pictures of them on lawn care equipment.

StartALawnCareBusiness
02-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Quote[/b] ]It's amazing how difficult it is to create a concept of something that is edgy enough for the brand yet doesn't cross the line of being TOO edgy.

Ha Ha, Steve, that's a great image. It pushes the edge even more than I thought of.

James, where are you going to market your clothes? I can imagine getting into Target or PSun is pretty much impossible for a start-up.

In my city we have a few Harley biker stores. I think they are sometimes called "head shops." They sell various paraphernalia like blacklight posters and beaded curtains. Most of those shops are independently owned. You will probably have a much easier time getting your clothing on their racks than in a larger department store. I think their clientel is apt to purchase close-to-the-edge clothing.

Have you ever dealt with a small store owner before? You can probably walk into one of those shops with a case of your shirts and hats, speak with the owner, and have them on the racks that afternoon.

Steve has a good idea too. Just like Harley riders, LCOs are mechanically minded people. We're always thinking about friction...do I have enough oil in my engine, are my spindles lubed, what's that sqeaking, do I need to pack my bearings?

I can see "friction wear" catching on with that crowd.

Keith

Steve
02-02-2008, 02:33 PM
I had another idea for a commercial, a gal walks by a guy wearing a friction t-shirt and the guy says "oh how did you get so hot?" and then she turns to him as she walks by and says "Friction."

Quote[/b] ]Steve has a good idea too. Just like Harley riders, LCOs are mechanically minded people. We're always thinking about friction...do I have enough oil in my engine, are my spindles lubed, what's that sqeaking, do I need to pack my bearings?

I can see "friction wear" catching on with that crowd.
Keith, can you tell us more about what you are thinking on this?

justin_time
02-02-2008, 09:43 PM
I voted no since I am a big fan of hockey and I like my hockey hats too much.. it's a cool design.. but eventually.. I'll have some Just in Time shirts and hats so I can look professional..

Big staff consist of me, myself and Irene http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

All Aspects Landscaping
02-03-2008, 12:51 AM
Im blown away guys with all the ideas you came up with in such a short amount of time... gonna have to take a few hours to disect the ideas... and to come up with answers to the questions you've asked...

also... justin... this is not affiliated with my landscaping company, its just a side project...

All Aspects Landscaping
02-03-2008, 09:50 AM
another design for a womens tank top... pic will run up the side and the flowers will end up around the womens breast... also the word friction will be on the opposite corner... let me know what you think...

Steve
02-03-2008, 11:58 AM
I think I can't wait to see a picture of the design on a shirt and on a model. That way we can get the full effect! Very creative!

justin_time
02-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Quote[/b] (All Aspects Landscaping @ Feb. 03 2008,1:51)]also... justin... this is not affiliated with my landscaping company, its just a side project...
Ah i get it...... Still love my hockey too much.... so I don't see myself wearing that

All Aspects Landscaping
02-03-2008, 04:33 PM
hopefully well have the hats done within the next week or so... we'll have beanies and flexfit baseball hats... then i'll be looking for a screen printer to start getting the shirts going.... after that.... gonna have to rob some money from the landscape co. to fund the website and some marketing expenses.... but my goal is to be up and running 100% by september... see if we can do something for the holidays...

Thanks a ton for the ideas and opinions... mind you, what Ive posted is for the womens line... and the font only is for the hats.... when I have some guys designs, Ill post em...

Little's
02-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Looking forward to seeing them.

Steve
02-04-2008, 04:07 AM
Are you going to be setting up a myspace site for the clothing line? I wonder what kind of things you could do to create a buzz for the site. Maybe have people submit their own commercial for your product? They could videotape it and put it on myspace and you could show off the different entries and then maybe the winner gets a bunch of free outfits?

Maybe have your own model contest?

Have you thought of any ideas like that to generate buzz?

All Aspects Landscaping
02-04-2008, 07:57 AM
once again steve, great minds think alike... we do have a myspace ... its under frictionclothing... we have over 1600 friends... and I totally thought of the modeling contest... were going to do a $500.00 cash prize to the winner...also a grab bag full of friction clothing... but I like the idea of the commercial... then we can put it on youtube, the website, and our myspace page... good ideas man

Steve
02-04-2008, 08:21 AM
I am checking out your myspace site now. http://www.myspace.com/frictionclothing

How did you get so many friends on there? How long have you had the myspace site up?

All Aspects Landscaping
02-04-2008, 10:08 AM
believe it or not, it started up at the beginning of Dec 2007!! Did alot of browsing and friend requests...

Steve
02-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Do you look for a specific demographic? I think it is outstanding how many people you have added!

All Aspects Landscaping
02-04-2008, 11:42 AM
yeah... searched for men and women 18-30 within 50 miles of our zip code... also did a search 5 miles within 90210... for obvious reasons... Its beverly hill... what more can I say?

Steve
02-04-2008, 12:39 PM
That is a very interesting strategy! This is going to be a lot of fun to see how it develops!

All Aspects Landscaping
02-04-2008, 02:59 PM
should be cool... funny thing... just check my email and a magazine rep asked me if I was interested in doing some advertising in their magazine... he said they have special offers for upcoming companies... Its skunk magazine... have a feeling they either deal with marajuana or some kind of wildlife mag...lol... anybody has info on this mag, let me know... and if it is a drug lifestyle mag... what are your thoughts on advertising in it?? Do you go for the money, or try to keep your name "clean?" Thanks j

All Aspects Landscaping
02-04-2008, 03:00 PM
also... ill add anyone that requests on myspace.

Steve
02-04-2008, 03:19 PM
LOL yeah I just checked out their site and it seems like there is a bit of a drug influence.

http://skunkmagazine.com/images/skunkmainindex.gif

Quote[/b] ]what are your thoughts on advertising in it??

Well it seems like a niche publication. Would this be your target market?

All Aspects Landscaping
02-04-2008, 03:25 PM
negative...lol

Steve
02-04-2008, 03:27 PM
I wonder how much you could sell through craigslist.

What if you made a site that had your regular prices and then you had another site that was like your 'outlet store' where you would sell products at a 'discount.'

Would that induce readers to think they are getting a good deal and therefore want to purchase through your craigslist ad?

All Aspects Landscaping
02-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Im not too familiar with craigs list... ive been on there when I was sellin a wii a month before xmas... have you had any experiences selling something there??

Steve
02-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Not me but a lot of people have on here and seem to have been successful. Plus it's free so it could be worth trying.

Another thing is you could do some guerrilla marketing where you gave away some clothes for free to the local hs students. If you had any connections there. Maybe to their sports teams or to the 'cool fashion group' of the HS.

That might build up a buzz too for your product.

I would also put together a press release about how you are starting this business up and your local paper might write about you.

All Aspects Landscaping
02-04-2008, 04:17 PM
you are full of good info steve... you'd think you were into marketing or something...lol

Steve
02-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Also from your myspace page, it seemed a lot of the people who left you messages were involved with the hip hop community. Maybe you could have some kind of contest and have them submit some kind of rap video that uses your clothing line name in the lyrics.

All Aspects Landscaping
02-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Yeah man... you truly do have some good ideas... in fact, I never really look at the profile of my "friends."... But I definately want to run a few contest with a some nice cash prizes... I want to put together a team of Friction guys and Friction girls... Free clothes to all of em... Im excited to see what comes of all this...

Steve
02-05-2008, 05:54 AM
It can become as big as you want it to be! What was the inspiration behind a clothing line? Out of all the things you could do, what got you interested in that?

All Aspects Landscaping
02-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Funny thing steve... it started when my wife was pregnant with my first daughter... six years ago... she spending alot of time sleeping which left me kinda bored during a august drought... I wanted to teach myself how to create a website, but didnt know what to make it of... back then, I didnt see the need for a landscape site... wasnt as widely used... So I figured that I would sell some clothes... i bought the name flawlessclothing.com (cause all the moms said a babys skin is flawless) and built a site and made some hats and well.. it started taking off... about a month after publishing my site, and about 400 hours of creating it, my computer crashed and it wasnt backed up... I had three local kids in college selling my hats ... $20.00 each... anything more, they could keep... so if they sold for $27.00, they made $7.00 each... sell 5 dozen and they did alright... after the computer crashed, and the baby came, work started up and flawless became a distant memory... two and a half years later, I started it back up, but come to find out that the name had been trademarked... then we moved on to ikandyclothing.com... trademarked the name... or so I thought... (it was abandoned by the USTMO because they had a stupid question that i didnt respond... so we lost that name too... so another 2.5 years later, I started to develop Friction... and we have the trademark on this name!!! Three times a charm!!! So thats my story... arent you glad you asked??

Steve
02-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Yea it is very neat! There are just soooooo many possible things anyone could do, create or come up with. I tend to think people start things they are passionate about, but they may also start things that simply make money.

Do you find you have a passion for clothing or how would you define the connection between you and clothing? If the clothing business made as much or more then the landscape business would you go full speed with the clothing? Is there a passion for one more so than the other?

All Aspects Landscaping
02-05-2008, 11:28 PM
I think its the passion to create... I love to create landscapes... clothing designs... i also like to create businesses... these are only two of the four businesses that Im developing... I tell my wife all the time, if I had a million dollars, I could turn it into 100 million... I also get consumed with my projects... Ive been pulling 3ams... and getting up at 8am for a few weeks now... with the exception of Disney... and now i picked up a small gig with a large landscape co. coming on doing marketing for them... funny, they do 2.5 million a year.. I do close to $500,000. But they just love my marketing ideas...

But to answer your question, Id love to roll with the clothing company...

Steve
02-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Quote[/b] ]now i picked up a small gig with a large landscape co. coming on doing marketing for them.

Do you think you would like to offer that as a service to others? You could create a marketing business and promote the heck out of it here.
Quote[/b] ]these are only two of the four businesses that Im developing

What other business concepts do you really like?

Quote[/b] ]But to answer your question, Id love to roll with the clothing company...
What do you think you like more about the clothing company than the landscaping company? Why is that more attractive?

All Aspects Landscaping
02-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Well steve... we have the landscape company, the clothing company, now, we have the marketing company (in two weeks we've landed 4 jobs), and we are developing two more companies in the next few years... one is an outdoor advertising company...(cant let the cat out of the bag) and one is a website/ forum. (which is also staying under wraps)... The funny part is, the landscape company is quite successful... last year we had 8 full time employees not including myself and my wife, and this year were looking at 12 full timers... Right now, Im busier than a one armed paper hanger! But it keeps me going... Im one to get bored really quick...

Steve
02-09-2008, 08:46 PM
What kind of suggestions do you have to others reading this on how an entrepreneur should manage so many interests?

All Aspects Landscaping
02-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Dont let it get to you... Its hard cause im a passionate guy... I love these things that im doing.... so sometimes it doesnt feel like work... for instance... I went in for this other company friday at 730.. worked till 530... 15 min lunch... ignored my wifes call (by accident) get home at 630... take wife out to dinner cause we finally have a baby sitter... go to the philly car show... come home 10:00... have some "alone" time... she goes to sleep... i get online a work on the clothing line till about 1:30 then work on the marketing company till about 3:30.... Wake up 7:30 (slept in) answer emails... hop in to the truck for tball signups... make 2 sales contacts there... sign up to sponsor the team... run to mother in laws... pick up kids.... drop off estimate to landscape customer... go home to check email and answer email questions... post ads... talk to designer in UK... pick up my neice for sleepover... take my daughter to swim... take all my girls to dinner... family movie night... now my wifes putting them to bed.... im posting and talking to designer and working on an business card design and logo... what did you to today and yesterday??? lol

Steve
02-10-2008, 06:46 PM
I've noticed since this post was started there have been more negative votes on the poll? Can anyone share any insight as to what their view is on that?

All Aspects Landscaping
02-10-2008, 07:34 PM
were back up to a positive vote now... yeah... but we kinda scrapped that design

All Aspects Landscaping
02-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Well... i told you id let you know when I had some products available... I know is march and things are tight... but can you guys show a little love to us??? visit us at:Friction Clothing (http://frictionclothing.bigcartel.com/)

Thanks guys!!!! Ill keep ya posted!!

Steve
02-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Oh very nice! I just checked out the hat.

As I look at it more, it has the feel of the X-Games. Something you would wear if you were into skating or MX. Something edgy, rebelious.

It looks good.

I gotta do a plug for you in an upcoming GopherHaul show. And talk about this in a future GopherHaul podcast. Maybe you could get in on the show too and call in.

All Aspects Landscaping
02-24-2008, 08:04 PM
yeah def steve... as you can tell, I havent posted in a while... things are blowing up!!! in a good way... thanks for positive post!! Did you order yet? lol

Steve
02-26-2008, 12:59 PM
I am glad to see you are busy! What are you adding next to your apparel line up? When will that be available?

All Aspects Landscaping
02-27-2008, 06:17 PM
another week, well have some curved hats and soon after, we'll be getting some tee's. We just landed a deal to sponsor a new up and comer in the ultimat fighting... we'll be in full force april 19th at the tropicana in ac... he'll be wearing some of our gear!!! if anyones close to ac... let me know, you can hitch a ride with us!!!

Steve
02-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Who is the fighter? What's the link to their site? I will help you promote it.

Also, why did you decide to sponsor a fighter and how did that all come together?

All Aspects Landscaping
02-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Hey Steve- His name is Andrew Riddles... I am friends with his brother, known those boys for a long time... Recently ran into him, i explained all the things i have going on and he started to "feel" my energy... We sat and talked for about 2 hours and I told him that he is his own product and he needs to market himself. I feel that I have matured alot in the last few years and have alot to offer him as far as advice goes... Im glad I didnt give this clothing line a shot a few years ago... I wasnt ready for it... We sat down over lunch yesterday, and struck a deal. Were trying to put together a press release, and were designing some flyers so he can put himself out there. As you can probably tell, Im super excited. I have alot of connections so I think this thing is gonna blow up. id love for you to promote him and me... if all my boys on here can pull thru and order just one item, we can start rolling on some more designs... any helps great... the link to the fight is:

Andrew Riddles - end of page (http://www.battlecagextreme.com/mma04192008.html)

Andrew (grey trunks) (http://www.tsegpromotions.com/gallery/index.php?level=album&id=27)

more andrew (winner) (http://www.tsegpromotions.com/gallery/index.php?level=album&id=17)

Steve
02-27-2008, 11:40 PM
That is awesome! Do you think you might get into more clothing for mma fighters? Like Tapout?

Steve
02-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Here is a pic from one of your links! I am looking forwards to seeing some promo pics with your sponsored fighter.

All Aspects Landscaping
02-29-2008, 07:32 PM
files wouldnt upload, so i emailed them to u

they are the flyers

Steve
02-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Here is the first one you sent.

Can you tell us a bit on how you are using these marketing materials to promote?

How are they being distributed? Did you get any banners for the fight as well?

Also will you be videotaping it? Can you post that on youtube or here or on your website?

Steve
02-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Here is the second one.

All Aspects Landscaping
03-01-2008, 07:08 PM
We got in touch... he told me that hes inspired by my motivation. I am equally impressed by his loyalty to training an working out. I told him that he needs to recognize himself as the product, so this time around i told him that he needs to get all those flyers out on his own... I will help him... but I want to try to teach him a lesson about marketing.... but he'll be fighting in two months after that and I will def help him out... If anyone is interested in going to AC... let me know and we'll figure it out.
Were doing our best to video it and upload it to our myspace page and all... I def will put it up here....

Steve
03-02-2008, 03:46 PM
I was thinking about more promotional ideas for you. I don't know if this would work, but what if you could do some kind of seminar about martial arts training for the local youth. If that is part of your clothing line demographic.

Then maybe you could sponsor it and Andrew could show some basics or something like that. Then you could also have some free clothing giveaways? Maybe contact a local karate school to have it there and send out press releases on it.

Maybe that would drum up interest? Such a meet and greet could generate more interest. What's your thoughts on that?

layla17
03-05-2008, 09:31 AM
I've just read this entire thread and I wanted to say that the fact that you're a sponsor for ultimate fighting is incredible.

All Aspects Landscaping
03-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Steve... any ideas are good ideas!!! Im open for any suggestions...

and layla... oh layla... i got a chill up my spine when I read your post... thanks man... makes it all seem worthwhile when someone recognizes what someone else is doing... you just got me motivated for the next two months!!! THANK YOU

Steve
03-19-2008, 05:19 AM
James,

The other day I saw a friend wearing a shirt by this company. The name was so crazy that it got my attention and then I looked up to see if they had a website and yup they did.

Maybe this site (http://www.vagenius.com/index.html) will give you more ideas on how to promote your clothing line.

All Aspects Landscaping
03-19-2008, 10:23 PM
yeah... i can see how that would get your attention http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

landonkade
03-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Quote[/b] (All Aspects Landscaping @ Mar. 19 2008,10:23)]yeah... i can see how that would get your attention * *http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif
To start a clothing company, would it have to be a clothing material that no one else is using(design yourself). Or could it be a material that is already out(buy a plain shirt from a store) or something, and you just put your own unique designs on it.

I am still having trouble trying to find the right thing to put on a shirt, that is funny, catches people eye, make someone say(o i want that shirt).

have something on a shirt to make people say(y didnt i think of that, great design)

All Aspects Landscaping
03-20-2008, 12:30 AM
yeah man... its tough... I decided for now to go the trendy route and look for mass appeal... Im getting hit up daily on the myspace page from all these skater kids looking for sponsorships and what not... I mean if it takes being a sellout to make a pile of money, Im there. Plus this fight sponsorship is huge... were gonna have over 150 ppl wearing friction shirts that night... It'll catch some attention!!!

Steve
03-20-2008, 08:26 AM
Quote[/b] ]were gonna have over 150 ppl wearing friction shirts that night... It'll catch some attention!!!

I am looking forwards to seeing some pictures of all that!

Quote[/b] ]I am still having trouble trying to find the right thing to put on a shirt, that is funny, catches people eye, make someone say(o i want that shirt).

Matt, why not come up with some funny designs for lawn care business owners. How about the top 10 things I hate about lawn care and fill it up with funny stuff.

Then you could post it here and hit your target audience.

Maybe make a shirt that says "I owe, I owe, so off to work I mow."

Make things that are all green related at first. You would have a great niche market.

Steve
03-21-2008, 08:05 AM
I think you both would really enjoy reading this article and watching the video.

Ecko's startup story: Rhinos and maxed credit (http://money.cnn.com/2008/01/31/smbusiness/marc_ecko.fsb/index.htm) - Inside the designer's rise that began with selling T-shirts out of his parent's garage. I grew up in the 1980s, in this really eclectic New Jersey town called Lakewood.

All Aspects Landscaping
03-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey steve... thanks for the heads up with the vid... I read the article previously in a magazine (i forget which one)... Have you ever read anything about Richard Branson of Virgin (Records, Mobile, Airways)? Hes sick!!! I know you recently read Rich Dad, Poor Dad, so I figured Id throw it out to ya... A quick easy read is Screw It, Lets Do It... but Im getting into his bio now... Let me know if you check it out!

Steve
03-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Oh Yea! Richard is fantastic! He is one of my all time favorites. I read a bunch of books on him. When he got started, he created Virgin Records and a small artist, Mike Oldfield, created a song called tubular bells which you might have heard as the theme song from the movie The Amityville Horror, sold and sold and sold and kept making him money. He was able to take the money generated by this and other artists and invest it into more and more businesses.

I think his story will really inspire you. Let me know what you think of the book you are reading as you go.

All Aspects Landscaping
03-22-2008, 01:17 PM
I just started his autobiography which is about 4 inches thick...lol... may takes some time as the phone starting to get hot and we just did a 1500 peice mailer... He is inspirational... especially the fact that the family wasnt very well off when he was a child... I admire a guy that came from nowhere.

BTW- Have I told everyone that my products are available for sale now??

Steve
03-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Quote[/b] ]BTW- Have I told everyone that my products are available for sale now??

Maybe put a link in your signature too about it? With an image?

FourSeasons
03-28-2008, 09:45 AM
I like it but, it looks to close to the brand "Famous" clothing line's label. They have a "F" also but its turned around the other way.

All Aspects Landscaping
03-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Yeah, four seasons, I realized that after working on the design for about three days...lol.. we decided to scrap it and start over. Ill keep you all up to date!!

All Aspects Landscaping
04-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Did I mention that the products are available for sale?? Kinda gotta promote wherever I can huh?

Steve
05-01-2008, 05:05 AM
Don't forget to put a link in your signature!

All Aspects Landscaping
05-20-2008, 12:49 PM
thanks for the reminder

All Aspects Landscaping
05-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Id also was wondering if our members can give me their feedback of my site (should be up by June 10th). Id really appreciate everyones help, and also some marketing ideas are also welcomed.

Thanks Guys

Steve
05-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Let us know when to look. Also don't forget to post your website again for newer members.