PDA

View Full Version : MMA Fight

All Aspects Landscaping
05-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Just wanted to put it out to all my boys on the forum.... were taking part in another fight by sponsoring another fighter. Check out the flyers... if you can get to ac... let me know...

Steve
05-11-2008, 10:31 AM
James,

What things can you do at the fight to promote your clothing line? Can you sell it outside in the parking lot?

Can you have a 'get your photo with the champ' area where you can promote your products and get the fighter and the fans together in pictures?

Maybe a banner at the fight?

Or hand out postcards for a discount if they order within x amount of days?

Since you were already at one of these fights, did you see any ideas other sponsors were doing to get attention for their products?

All Aspects Landscaping
05-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Well Steve,
Last time we did this, the members of the bus were given a total of about 250 stickers. Needless to say, the trop was littered with stickers... even some hooters girls had them on their #####... lol.

As far as selling shirts and all, they kinda frown on that, but we did have our fighter give out some hats to the crowd after he won.

I was all nervous and excited last fight that I forgot to take pics of our group... got alot of the fight... but not many of the group... big mistake... I had alot of opportunity.

Honestly, i think we had the most presence as far as representing a company... not too many clothing lines were there and if so, they werent making a statement like we were.

Im totally up for any ideas you guys may have to help further my marketing stategy... Im all ears....

Anyone that can make it down, let me know also...

I plan to have discount coupons for our gear on coupons on fight night... offering X amount of dollars off your order... great idea...

musician/lawnman
05-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Stickers seem to work well, make sure your website is on the sticker (even if it's small ).

Get your fighter to use you in a tagline after he kicks some poor bastards butt. Like instead of can ya smell what the rocks got cookin'! He could thank his sponsors (you) while wearing a friction t shirt & say to the guys butt he just whipped... "Can you feel the friction!?"

Also you seem to be big into the fights... so make some connections & see what it would cost to be an event sponsor not just the sponsor of one fighter? You should still sponsor fighters too I suppose but that might attract all fight fans rather than just the fans of your fighter....

Ya know what I mean?

All Aspects Landscaping
05-12-2008, 06:26 AM
yeah chuck... i hear ya... funny thing is... i dont really like fights...lol.. just happened by chance... they do have event sponsorships, but they are a little pricey for me ATM...

Who is coming up for the fight?

Steve
05-12-2008, 10:40 AM
James,

It seems to me promoting a clothing line that sponsors an mma fighter and performing lawn care / landscaping are vastly different endeavors. Can you tell us a little about what you have liked or disliked with these two different experiences thus far?

Do you find that some of your skill set from running your lawn care business has transfered over to the clothing line, or no?

All Aspects Landscaping
05-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Yeah Steve-
Its very different. With lawn care, if I ask someone to give me a hand, they look at me like I have 3 heads... but not with the clothing line... people go nuts to be a part of it!!
I have a great sense of marketing, so I think Ill do well. All the marketing things that wont work with the lawn care, will probably due well with the clothing.
I love both these companies...Friction is still fun right now... no pressure... where as the landscaping pays the bills!!! so thats priority #1.
Also, I know how to haggle... so that comes in handy with buying products and stuff... got alot of freebies goin on right now...
But, I really dont care for the fighting, just a great opportunity.

Steve
05-12-2008, 04:03 PM
When you think of fashion and designers. Who stands out in your mind as someone you admire? What designers and why do they stand out to you?

All Aspects Landscaping
05-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Havent put much thought to that steve... Im the kind of guy that beats to his own drummer. I never was one for "standard." In fact, Im not really a fashion icon. I just know business. I read a bunch about marc ecco... and watched the vid (or article) you posted about his bio.... good stuff...

like I say...

everyBody needs a little friction...

Steve
05-16-2008, 09:18 PM
When you think about the different businesses, fashion and lawn care / landscaping, do you think you have a passion for one over the other or do you think there might something else out there where the true passion lies?

Also ultimately it makes you wonder how important that is.

All Aspects Landscaping
05-16-2008, 10:24 PM
I believe in sort of a stepping stone theory... let me explain... I think that everything in life leads you to the next "thing"... the only constants are my wife and kids. I know that this successful landscape company is not the end for me. I dont know if the clothing line would be the end for me.

Every experience you have and every person you meet changes your life forever.

Just a little positive thought, you, chuck, and all the other good guys on the forum have made a impact, one way or another, in my life. And I'd like to thank you all for that.

Steve
05-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Quote[/b] ]I believe in sort of a stepping stone theory... let me explain... I think that everything in life leads you to the next "thing"...

That is a fascinating view on it. I see things similarly as well. That is part of what I want the GopherHaul Episode Guide to convey. I want it to share with the reader, the journey we have all taken thus far.

Do you feel that has always been your view of business or did that evolve over time?