PDA

View Full Version : Painting

Steve
01-09-2008, 06:32 PM
I saw Ricky's myspace site and I was blown away with his paintings!

This is his latest painting and it's very nice!

Ricky, could you tell us a little what the inspiration was for this painting? How long did it take? Is this oil or acrylic?

makbootzy
01-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Well I get on yahoo and search pictures..when I find one I like I paint it. I think that took about 2 hours(I paint slow). It is oil

Steve
01-09-2008, 09:25 PM
You know that is very neat. I think it would be very unique if you made a page on your website with images of some of your artwork.

Also, this could be a great story for the press. The landscaper who paints landscapes!

I bet it could get an article about you and your business!

You could also get in touch with the paper to potentially auction off one of your paintings to help raise money for a local charity!

What's your view on that?

makbootzy
01-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 09 2008,9:25)]You know that is very neat. I think it would be very unique if you made a page on your website with images of some of your artwork.

Also, this could be a great story for the press. The landscaper who paints landscapes!

I bet it could get an article about you and your business!

You could also get in touch with the paper to potentially auction off one of your paintings to help raise money for a local charity!

What's your view on that?
Yeah these are good ideas. I was thinking about getting money for my paintings....and if it is for charity it could attract some good business for me.

Steve
01-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Absolutely. In fact you would probably gain a lot more attention for your business if you had an auction. It makes you look like a good guy and it's a unique story.

Just off the top of your head, have there been any happenings going on in your community lately where a charity needed to raise money? Does anything stand out? Is there any charity you feel a close personal connection with?

realhuntin
01-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 09 2008,6:32)]I saw Ricky's myspace site and I was blown away with his paintings!

This is his latest painting and it's very nice!

Ricky, could you tell us a little what the inspiration was for this painting? How long did it take? Is this oil or acrylic?
Very NIce, you have a true talent for this keep it up.

Thanks for sharing, Do you do any kind of painting like Dogs, wildlife porttraits?

Tim

makbootzy
01-10-2008, 12:08 AM
No all I am interested in is landscapes and farms. I though I started a cityscape HUGE cityscape of new york and the towers but never finished. I lost interest in it and cut it and used the wood for something else. Here are my favorite ones though

makbootzy
01-10-2008, 12:09 AM

makbootzy
01-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Does anyone know the name of that lighthouse? Its in the Red Lobster commercial

Steve
01-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Quote[/b] ]Does anyone know the name of that lighthouse? Its in the Red Lobster commercial

No, but they are very impressive!