01-08-2008, 08:12 PM
stylish river jody

EARLY BIRD MOWING/LANDSCAPING
01-08-2008, 08:16 PM
stylish attack ace

Steve
01-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Hi BJ,

What kind of hunting do you use your dogs for? Do you raise them and train them with specific hunting skills?

01-08-2008, 08:37 PM
i coon hunt only with them, the pup (ace) i trained myself, they are my best friends and hunting partners.

realhuntin
01-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Quote[/b] (EARLY BIRD MOWING/LANDSCAPING @ Jan. 08 2008,9:16)]stylish attack ace
Good lookin pup! I like his head and ears

realhuntin
01-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Quote[/b] (EARLY BIRD MOWING/LANDSCAPING @ Jan. 08 2008,9:37)]i trained myself, they are my best friends and hunting partners.
I get it! I'm the same way with MAX-A-MILLION

01-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Good lookin pup! I like his head and ears, Thank you ,

Steve
01-08-2008, 08:50 PM
I have never done that kind of hunting before.

Does anyone eat raccoons? Or is it just for sport? Are there more or less raccoons in an area than deer?

I would think there wouldn't be too many but I don't know.

realhuntin
01-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Hi BJ,

I use to coon hunt, Tried many diferent breeds and found my love to be The Black & Tan's, Love those long floopy ears and rounded heads with the knot on top and big jawls. LOL. I had a male Darkwoods Shadow back in the late 70's early 80's that had ears that looked like someone put them in a shreader, lol. He was out of an ole dog called HUMPHERY'S RAGIN' BLACK HOSS, I trained him myself and at 2 he was the man here in these parts. I had a great female but someone liked her a little better, she was stolen while I was at school, I turned down 5k at Autum Oaks for her. She was mainly show dog she could get it done but wasn't very fast at it so you would be awhile Im sure you know what I mean. She was out of HALL's 8-Ball. She was given to me by Kenny Hall himself, those pups went for $500 each back in the early 80's.
I havnt coon hunted in about 22 years it cost me a marriage and alot of money.

Do you comp hunt?

Where you from?

Hunt Hard & Hunt Safe
Tim

01-08-2008, 09:11 PM
no i don't eat them i just sell the hides, I go hunting to spend time with my dogs theres nothing like hearing a hound treed, i thank there are way more coon then deer.

01-08-2008, 09:21 PM
hi Tim, no i don't comp hunt but would love to someday that takes up a lot of your time i do breed walker hounds, i live in ohio about 10 miles from (lima) , that 8 ball dog is he from ohio i know a man named jr hall that has a GNC thats named 8ball. and yes i know what you mean about being awhile lol when i first started my pup it took all night for him to stike a trail but now he's on in 2-3 min.

Steve
01-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Hi BJ,

Quote[/b] ] i first started my pup it took all night for him to stike a trail but now he's on in 2-3 min.

So you can enter the woods somewhere and your dogs can pick up a trail scent that fast? How long does it take on average to find a raccoon?

What times do you hunt for them?

realhuntin
01-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Quote[/b] (EARLY BIRD MOWING/LANDSCAPING @ Jan. 08 2008,10:21)]hi Tim, no i don't comp hunt but would love to someday that takes up a lot of your time i do breed walker hounds, i live in ohio about 10 miles from (lima) , that 8 ball dog is he from ohio i know a man named jr hall that has a *GNC thats named 8ball. and yes i know what you mean about being awhile lol when i first started my pup it took all night for him to stike a trail but now he's on in 2-3 min.
LOL she didnt have trouble striking or trailing but it was like she was on an evening stroll though the park. LOL. Yes I know where Lima is and Halls Lived about 20 or 30 miles East of columbus oh. Cant seem to remember the town. the 8 ball Im talking of would be dead by now and he too was GNC. Shadow was GNC and Tina was NC & GSC . She made Night Champion by accident I think, I had the only plus points in the hunt on one bad night and there was about 70 dogs there that night, all of the ones in my group ran out of the country on a deer, fox, or shomething and they scrached out, when we were looking for them tina just fell treed as we were walking along a ridge top headed back to the truck, it was funny, all those dogs and no plus points to turn in but mine.

01-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 08 2008,10:36)]Hi BJ,

Quote[/b] ] i first started my pup it took all night for him to stike a trail but now he's on in 2-3 min.

So you can enter the woods somewhere and your dogs can pick up a trail scent that fast? How long does it take on average to find a raccoon?

What times do you hunt for them?
it takes a few min to get to the dogs when the tree they like to go to the other side of the woods so walking takes the longest then sometimes it's hard to see the coon in the tree, so i would sey about 15 min on one coon. i like to go out at 8 pm to about 11 pm , around here you can't run a coon hound befor 6pm or after 6am.

Steve
01-09-2008, 01:23 PM
That is amazing! How often do you get a chance to go out and do this?

tjgray
01-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Your hounds are beautiful http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

01-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 09 2008,2:23)]That is amazing! How often do you get a chance to go out and do this?
about 2-3 nights a week , from nov 10 - jan 31.

Steve
01-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi BJ,

That is awesome! Are any of your friends involved with any hunting related businesses or have you ever considered doing anything in that industry?

01-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Quote[/b] (tjgray @ Jan. 09 2008,3:16)]Your hounds are beautiful http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif
http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/thankyou.gif I see you like basset hounds, my wife had one years ago .