PDA

View Full Version : Stress

Steve
03-25-2006, 10:58 PM
When you think of the stress in your life.

How much of it comes from your business vs other parts of your life?

Have you found any negative effects of this stress?

For instance, one of our friends we talk with told us the story how he had to get specially fit for a bite plate. He would wake up after a night of sleeping and his teeth hurt. A doctor told him it was due to his stress level and he need to wear a bit plate now when he sleeps.

tiedeman
03-26-2006, 12:01 AM
I would say that probably 80% of my stress comes from the business.

I constantly go through anxiety spells. I lose a lot of sleep, get sick, headhaches, etc. It has gotten bad that sometimes I will use food as a comfort.

My wife always tells me that I am going to have an ulcer one of these days.

UnitedEnvironment.com
03-26-2006, 10:09 AM
I ended up with an phemonia (sp?) last august, and the doctor said it came from stress

kc2006
03-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Last fall I ended up going to the doctor due to fatigue, said it was from stress. I think it was all the stress of fall cleanups and constantly running around, it was the most busiest time of the year for me.

I've learned to deal with stress, theres alot you can do for yourself to tame stress, and theres alot of natural herbs you can take to help deal with it too. I'd say nearly all of my stress is due to the business, I don't have much other stressfull things in my life so its the only place to get it from.

Steve
03-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Hi kc2006,

What kind of things do you do to tame your stress?

kc2006
03-26-2006, 11:39 PM
First thing is working out, that is a proven stress reliever. I've moved my workouts to the evening, and I've noticed it pulls me through the day, I want to get through the day just to get in the gym and hit the weights. For me theres something about a good workout that I feel alot better after it, mentally and physically.
Diet is another thing, like Tiedeman said, he resorts to food for comfort. A good healthy diet can make a world of difference. Your body produces cortisol or corti(something) when your highly stressed, causes you to gain weight and over all mood goes down the tubes and before you know it, fatigue and then depression. A good diet will give you better energy and probably allow you to deal with situations better (due to better thought process) rather then just get stumped and stressed.
Natural herbs, I was using "Valerian Root", it works with your nervous system and allows you to deal with stress easier. I took it for a few weeks because at the time I was so bad that 3-4 hours after I'd wake up in the morning I'd be very tired, luckily this happend in the winter when I wasn't working. One day I ran a red light that i thought was green and I had been up for only 3 hours and was that tired. I decided after that it was time to do something. The valerian root really helped and got me to atleast sleep better at night and have some more energy during the day so I could workout and such.

Those are some physical things you can do to help deal with stress. But alot can do with your mental side. I've been doing alot of thinking lately and realizing different things in life and just have a brighter outlook on life now, this is a big help I think. I used to think alot of negative, when it came to business I'd always expect the worst, now I don't expect the best, but I want to do my best to go after it. I definitely don't have as much stress now as I did last year.