PDA

View Full Version : The Jackass Franchise

Steve
01-29-2008, 06:15 AM
I have been amazed since the first time I saw Jackass on MTV how a bunch of guys doing really stupid stunts could get so much attention and make so much money.

I really want to look into the franchise here and talk about the different players in the group.

One of the most recent articles that popped up was that Bam Margera has become a partner in a new bar and rock-n-roll hall located near his home of Westchester, PA.

Have you ever seen any of Bam's shows? Viva La Bam? Bam's Unholy Union? Well, he is now filming a new reality series for MTV that will show the process he went through of getting this new bar up and running.

Battle of the bars in W. Chester (http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local/pa/chester/nabes/20080113_Battle_of_the_bars_in_W__Chester.html) - Rex's closing causes some consternation, while a TV star's role in a new club causes eyebrows to raise.

When word leaked out that Rex's bar was closing, both fans and foes of the storied West Chester watering hole were caught a little off guard.

Enter a star of MTV's Jackass as Donnie Moore's new business partner.

Last month, the West Chester skateboarder and reality TV star Brandon "Bam" Margera became the high-profile face for Moore's project - a move that stunned many in the borough.

Steve
01-29-2008, 06:17 AM
Here is a picture of the bar owners. Bam and Don.

All Aspects Landscaping
01-31-2008, 12:15 PM
just goes to show what having money can do... it just goes to show how we as americans are bored with television... dont get me wrong... im guilty too... i dvr bams unholy union.... its amazing to me... but good for them... they found a way to make it work.... on another note, I read somewhere that Johnny Knoxville, at the age of 15, told his mother that he will be a tv and movie star... some how some way.... whatever it takes.... it guess it takes sticking a toy car up his rectum, or getting a sledgehammer to the nards... i dont get it... but I love it!!!!!

Steve
01-31-2008, 02:44 PM
These guys do blow me away that they were able to make a franchise of the stunts but I love it http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

What did you like about the Unholy Union episodes?

All Aspects Landscaping
01-31-2008, 05:37 PM
its great... besides making his family all household names... now hes bringing his new wife into it... id ride that train as long as I could too...

Steve
02-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Do you think you will watch the new show on the building of his bar and music theatre?