PDA

View Full Version : IntelliTurf Franchise?

Steve
01-22-2008, 08:36 PM
What's your view on IntelliTurf? Do you think this franchise could exist or even thrive in your area?

http://www.utah.intelliturf.com/

IntelliTurf Creates Presence Out West With New Franchisee (http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/1/prweb631191.htm) - Lars Skylling an entrepreneur and avid golfer wants to help the people of Park City and Salt Lake as well as everyone in Utah with the water shortage while adding to their standard of living. He has opened IntelliTurf of Southern Utah and can be found on the web at www.Utah.IntelliTurf.com.

IntelliTurf installs golf greens that hold shots and putt just like natural grass. The lawn and playground systems reveal turf that appears very natural but require little maintenance. The bocce and croquet courts along with our sports products round out the full line of recyclable surfaces IntelliTurf of Southern Utah creates.

IntelliTurf is currently selling golf business franchises in all states and is looking forward to more western expansion.

http://www.prweb.com/prfiles/2008/01/16/235945/gI_LarsSkylling.JPG.jpg

ABurlison
01-23-2008, 02:13 PM
What do you guys think a lawn care franchise such as USLawns.com and so forth can offer us that we can't do on our own?

What are some the most popular lawn care franchises around?

I've just been considering relocating and was looking into a franchise that may be well know, would make starting up somewhere new easier I think, what's your guys take on this?

Thanks,

ANDY

Steve
01-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Quote[/b] ]What do you guys think a lawn care franchise such as USLawns.com and so forth can offer us that we can't do on our own?

What are some the most popular lawn care franchises around?

I've just been considering relocating and was looking into a franchise that may be well know, would make starting up somewhere new easier I think, what's your guys take on this?

I think there is a potential for this to work. The reason why these franchises exist is to allow you to buy into a system they have proven to work.

Do I think it could get you up and running faster? Yes I do. What is the downside? That there is more upfront cost and more potential financial risk.

What's your view on this?

ABurlison
01-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes, I agree they could get you up and running faster with potentially a household name, but costs vs. benefit, I'm not sure if its really worth it. Take the Lawn Doctor franchise, they state an initial investment of 60K, boy I could do a lot with my current business for 60K, make you wonder if the benefit is really worth 60k? I do know some of what they consider initial investment is your truck or van and trailer, and that sort of thing I already have, but still, quite spendy.

Steve
01-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Well Andy, another thing to keep in mind is that you are a self starter. You are already out there running a business that you created. You are so much farther ahead of most people when it comes to motivation.

A lot of people don't want to have to think about anything. They want a manual and a turn key operation. Where they wake up, follow the manual for the day and at 5pm close up shop and go home.

You have spent a lot of time and energy figuring this all out on your own. So after reflecting on all this, you might not want to go for a franchise.

Do you think you would enjoy working within the confines of a franchise? Do you like structure given to you or do you like to create the infrastructure?