PDA

View Full Version : Subway or Quiznos? Which do you like better?

Steve
01-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Subway or Quiznos? Which do you like better?

I never liked the name Quiznos. I don't know where they got it or why, but it just doesn't compare to Subway as far as a name goes.

Quiznos is trying to get itself out of a slump by offering this new cheap sandwich to raise foor traffic in the store.

Have you tried it? What's your take? Which place do you like better and why?

Quiznos serves up a turnaround sandwich (http://money.cnn.com/2008/01/16/news/companies/boyle_quiznos.fortune/index.htm?postversion=2008012011) - Greg Brenneman, the man who brought Continental Airlines and Burger King back from the brink, has big plans for Quiznos, the beleaguered sandwich chain he took over last year. But even if he's successful once again, will he stick around?

Brenneman, 46, took the helm of privately held Quiznos last January after his Houston private equity firm, TurnWorks, took an undisclosed stake in the company.

The company's signature new product is the $2 Sammie, a small flatbread wrap that Brenneman hopes will draw in customers who heretofore have avoided Quiznos due to its relatively high prices. When Brenneman arrived, the average customer paid about $10 for lunch at Quiznos, while a meal at Subway, by far the largest sandwich chain with over 28,000 locations, costs roughly half that amount.

justin_time
01-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Subway....

I like it better because they have more locations and their opened later.

I also like the fact they prepare it in front of you compared to Quiznos.. you can't even see a thing... if a hair would fall on your sub.. you wouldn't know at Quiznos..

Anyways.. that's just my opinion

pmblair
01-21-2008, 11:55 PM
I don't know... it's a tossup to me, really.... Right now, I'd have to go with Subway due to pricing.... but if Quizno's drops their prices, it'll definitely get them back into the ballpark with me....

.....and our local Quizno's prepares your sandwiches in front of the customer.

realhuntin
01-22-2008, 01:07 AM
Jersey MIKE's, BIGGER BETTER AND MORE FOR YOUR MONEY, equally priced, but bigger subs. Their GOOOOOOOOD!

Steve
01-22-2008, 05:15 AM
Do any of these sub places really seem to stand out in your mind as far as quality goes? Or amount of food per dollar?

What is most important to you?

Quality
Amount of food
Price?
or something else?

What could make one stand out above and beyond the other?

jewwells
01-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Quiznos is about the same in not the same pricing as Subway.
At least here in the middle of it all. I went to Subway last week, a foot long Club is $7.69. A Quiznos Classic Club is $6.99. Now when it comes to hair & boogers. Well lets just say thats every where. Remember most of these folks make $7-9.00 a hour. Quality help are few & far.
I think Quiznos uses better quality meat & cheese.

We have way to many Deli's here in KC to choose from.
My No. 1 pick here is Bronx deli, 39th & Bell.
No. 2 is Planet Sub www.planetsub.com
In Des Moines a deli using my name has shut out Subway & all new comers for years. Palmer's Deli & market. www.palmersdeliandmarket.com
Have heard good stories about Jimme John's, but I haven't been there.

What are the best local places in your area?

Quality and Amount of food are important, but if I am broke I'll prolly just hit Wendy's Dollar menu.

Steve
01-22-2008, 08:31 PM
I like the local Subway, but I don't eat subs too often. I actually prefer Wendy's more http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif That is probably my favorite fast food place.

I used to like Boston Market a lot too.