PDA

View Full Version : What's the top franchise this year?

Steve
01-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Good for 7-Eleven. Isn't it amazing how you can go from being bankrupt to being the top franchise of the year? I guess this is just a lesson on sticking with the business basics to make things work.

What do you think of the 7-11 franchise? Would you like to own one?

7-Eleven unseats Subway as top franchise (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22684708/) - After knocking on the door and being in the top 10 an impressive 16 times, 7-Eleven Inc. has claimed the top spot of Entrepreneur's 29th Annual Franchise 500 for the very first time.

There are currently 5,580 7-Eleven franchises in the U.S. and 25,062 abroad.

Times haven't always been fun for 7-Eleven, though. In 1991, the company declared bankruptcy after being taken private in a leveraged buyout. When interest rates rose, the debt couldn't be paid

pmblair
01-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Actually, I would like to have that spot for Green & Clean somewhere in the future... Wouldn't it be cool to see 4 or 5 LCOs in the top 10?

realhuntin
01-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Quote[/b] (pmblair @ Jan. 21 2008,11:57)]Actually, I would like to have that spot for Green & Clean somewhere in the future... Wouldn't it be cool to see 4 or 5 LCOs in the top 10?
Hey Patrick, you can be 1st after me..LOL just kidding man.

Yes it would be cool and it will take alot of work and I don't think I have that much time left on this grand ole' earth! Maybe my kids will see it or even do it providing they dont sell it off when they put my under the grass.LOL

Steve
01-22-2008, 03:29 AM
I really do think that one day we will turn out a few lawn care related franchises from the forum members, promoted through this forum and the GopherHaul show.

There is no reason why it can't happen.

All we need is a lawn care operator who has developed a proven unique business model, who is interested in expanding it and we have all these great marketing avenues here to attract new franchise owners or business partners, depending on the direction it was to go.

It can and will happen.