PDA

View Full Version : Wes Anderson

Steve
01-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Are you a fan of director Wes Anderson?

He is one of my favorite writer/directors. Out of all the movies he has done so far, my favorite is Rushmore. It's very artsy, creative, quirky and clever. When I watch that movie I wonder how in the heck was this storyline ever written.

Just recently, I read his biography and found that the main character in Rushmore was based on him and his experiences growing up. Every once in a while you will find someone who was creative and expressed their creativity early on. In HS, Wes wrote and directed his own plays. I can't remember anyone from my HS doing that. I think that is very creative.

Then it makes you question. Are you creative? What are you doing to express and promote your creativity?

Business is all about being creative and promoting it so I feel Wes is a great example we could all learn from.

What's your view?

Wes Anderson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wes_Anderson) - He attended both Westchester High School and St. John's School, a private school in Houston, which was later used as a filming location for his second film, Rushmore. Like Rushmore's protagonist Max Fischer, Anderson used to stage plays of his own direction on the stage of the now-demolished Hoodwink Theatre at St. John's.

Anderson studied philosophy at the University of Texas, where he met Owen Wilson. After making a short film version of Bottle Rocket, Anderson and Wilson attracted the notice of producer James L. Brooks. With his help they were able to get their short film into Sundance and secure funding for the feature-length version of Bottle Rocket.

Feature films

* Bottle Rocket (1996)
* Rushmore (1998)
* The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
* The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004)
* The Darjeeling Limited (2007)