PDA

View Full Version : Happy Spring

Steve
03-21-2006, 08:03 AM
WOW Spring is here! It doesn't feel that way yet. Are you ready for the new season?

tiedeman
03-21-2006, 11:45 AM
I did a little bit of work today, removed some burlap from a customers shrubs. Took me 10 mins. And then low and behold, who do I see, TruGreen out doing applications. I just shook my head. It's like 29 degrees out, the ground is still frozen in areas, and I am guessing that soil temp is around 30 degrees. I don't see how these guys get away with doing that stuff.

Steve
03-21-2006, 08:24 PM
It is amazing! They seem to be constantly pushing the envelope. We just recently saw an article involving a lawsuit against them.

tiedeman
03-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Well, last year I saw them doing applications in 45mph wind gusts

Ah yeah, I forgot to mention. I did write down the addresses of those customers they were applying the applications at. They will be getting something in the mail from me later this week

Steve
03-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Oh very interesting! So you will contact them and then say how the applications they are doing are not working because of the following reasons and how your company would never do that?

Then maybe offer a discount if they switch over to you?

tiedeman
03-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Well, I just got off the phone with my mother, whom works for the city attorney, and she advised me against mentioning anything towards TruGreen in my marketing material.

So instead I am going to use the "Make a Switch" flyer located here on the site. I am going to basically offer customers 15% off from what they currently pay. I know that I will be fine because TruGreen prices are usually 15 to 20% higher than mine

Steve
03-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Great idea. Let us know how that works.

What if you had taken some pictures of them applying in the high winds. Wouldn't that be great for marketing material!

tiedeman
03-23-2006, 11:20 PM
I just finished the second batch of flyers that are going out tomorrow. I spent two days driving around (approx 2-3 hours) to locate their signs, and then I wrote down the addresses of the houses. I found approx 65 houses. Might not seem like a lot, but it's better than nothing