PDA

View Full Version : Trailor Signs

Billz
03-29-2007, 09:33 PM
What info is best to put on trailer signs? I am having some made and have a 48x48 sign on the drivers side of my trailer, a 24x48 on the passenger side, due to my trimmer rack, and another 24x48 on the back.

I was thinking of just my logo, under some services, and then my phone number and website...but then something made me wonder...Who will read my sign? People on their way to or from work, and running errands. What about something like my logo, then something below like "Wouldn't your day be better if you didn't have to get home and mow your lawn?" or something to the effect of "wouldn't you feel better if you didnt have to mow your lawn after work tonight?"

Does that make sense to anyone?

tiedeman
03-30-2007, 12:49 PM
I put signs on the tailgate of my trailer. I had AMW Graphics do some for me, and I got a lot of response from them.

Steve
03-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Hi Bill,

Something I was thinking is this.

"LAWN MOWING"
888-239-9372

What if you kept it really simple. Maybe have your logo on your truck door but for the big signs on your trailer. Mention your most asked for service and then your phone number.

I don't often see this but I think it's a good way to go. It's like when all our marketing experts tell us not to put our logo on the top of the flyers we hand out, but instead some tag line to catch our eye.

What's your view?

Billz
04-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Well, I was thinking of having some with my logo on them to help people remember me...I have a dump insert on my truck, I will make some small wood rails on them with something like you said, mowing and my number, maybe fall cleanups later, spring cleanups in the spring, and snowplowing at the winter... Does anyone think my idea was good with something about them feeling better getting home to a nicely mowed lawn?

If any of you were here in GR I would have you do it...I need them installed onto my trailer which has brackets on from the last owner.

Steve
04-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Quote[/b] ]mowing and my number, maybe fall cleanups later, spring cleanups in the spring, and snowplowing at the winter

Are you going to have them so you can change the message for each season?

Billz
04-01-2007, 11:54 PM
yep, that was my plan... try to get my message to people as they started to realize they needed it.

Steve
04-02-2007, 07:23 AM
I'd love to see what it looks like when it's done!

AMW Graphics
04-03-2007, 09:30 AM
If you are going to use wood you should be painting it on.
If you need nice "Stencils" we can make those for you.
You would peel and stick them to the surface, and spray paint or brush the area and wait a little while, then remove the mask. You will be left with a very "clean" painted lettering job.

I think its a good idea to change the message thru the seasons. Push the service you make the most money on during each season.

If you need anything let me know.

Billz
04-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Well, the trailer signs will be aluminum...they have some plastic material inside...but I was going to make some form of rails for my dump insert, maybe a 2x8 or something on my truck... anc change the message there.
I am trying not to letter my truck. Tony, do you make magnetic signs? I am in need of some new ones.

AMW Graphics
04-03-2007, 11:08 AM
yes, we do make magnets.
Send us an email to sales@amw-graphics.com with your needs and we will get you a quote.
We also make alum. signs as well.

Steve
04-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Tony that would make for a great package idea too.

You could package together a bunch of seasonal signs that an lco could use through out the year!

Billz
04-05-2007, 01:43 AM
I will measure the areas on my truck and have you get some prices for me. I am in desperate need of growing this year, and need all the help I can get. I bought my partner out this year and lost most of the customers he knew personally...I am down about $2000 per week in mowing alone! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Steve
04-05-2007, 09:27 PM
WOW!

Are you happy now though to be on your own? Many others may be reading this and be wondering if it is worth it to break from a partner.

What's your advise?

Billz
04-05-2007, 10:20 PM
I will be better off... half of the money was 2 condo developments that finally broke free of the developer and took over. The bids they got were less than half of ours...but the rest were customers that were loyal to him, and now just felt they had no real connection to me, I guess. 1 told me they had a lower bid, and the other just thanked me for 4 years of great service, and they went with someone else. My partner did crappy work, and I spent alot of time going behind him and doing it right. He believed that speed was the only thing that mattered, and I thought quality was more important! I will have lots of less stress now, but will have lots more free time now too! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

I am down to mowing about 3 days, solo. I am going to start working on some more marketing stuff, and I have 10,000 doorhangers left over from last year to get out. I bet that will keep me busy...I still have some great customers left, but this will be one of my leaner years to date!