PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Info

tiedeman
02-22-2006, 05:50 PM
I am still looking around for any new or interesting marketing techniques or ideas that people have tried that work great.

Something maybe out of the ordinary that actually works

Steve
02-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Hi tiedeman,

Have you read the guerilla marketing handbook?

tiedeman
02-23-2006, 11:12 AM
nope, have not read that yet.

I am just sick of doing the same direct mail advertising, flier insert, cold calling, small ad insert in directories, yellow page ad type of advertising.

The only thing that works for me I feel is yellow pages, but sometimes I feel that it is too costly and not generating the results that I want. I mean, this year I will spend approx $1,700 on yellow pages ad, and last year I spent $2,600.

I want something that I can generate lots of customers really fast for the application side of my business

maelawncare
02-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Have you tried doorhangers?? They have been working out very well for me. And direct mail tends to work well too.

Also is there a st pats parade in ur town?? That would be a good time to really show ur stuff, hand out flyers. About 2k people show up to my parade, and i always hand out flyers, beads, candy, and this year im doing frisbees with my logo on them.

Steve
02-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi tiedeman,

It's been my experience that no one thing in specific will be a magic bullet. Each marketing avenue you use will be a little more you are chipping away at the public to let them know you exist. The book I mentioned above is a great read and full of ideas.

Don't get frustrated. Take it step by step and you will see growth results.

Also check out our marketing secrets guide book here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=1525). Maybe there will be some ideas in it that will inspire you further.

tiedeman
02-24-2006, 09:31 PM
I have actually looked through that pdf file about a dozen times for ideas.

If I could get like 10 new customers a month, I would be thrilled.

tiedeman
03-20-2006, 06:43 PM
I hope to do the doorhanger thing here in about a month to two months