PDA

View Full Version : What's your marketing plan for the next few months

Steve
11-22-2005, 06:08 PM
What's your marketing plan for the next few months?

I am sending this out to Troy too. What services are you going to be providing for the next few months and how are you marketing them?

tiedeman
11-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Well, the new yellow pages comes out in December. This year the yellow pages is strictly for pesticide applications. I really want to get that part of the business off and going. Now that I look back at it though, I wish that I would have also stuck with an ad for lawn & landscaping maintenance.

Customers are going to be receiving their holiday cards with discounts enclosed with them. One of the discounts is for lawn care and the other one for pesticide application.

I am thinking about two different type of offers for customers. One is that pizza discount based on the flyer here. But I am only going to offer it to customers that sign up for a 12 month flat rate.

(now don't hate me for thinking about this) Another thing that I am thinking about doing to get quick large volume of customes at lower prices is to offer customers lawn maintenace at 15% off their current lawn care provider price.

I am still thinking about some other stuff though. I am basically at a crossroads with the business

Steve
11-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Hi Troy,

Quote[/b] ]holiday cards with discounts enclosed with them.
What kind of dscounts are you offering ?

tiedeman
11-22-2005, 09:34 PM
one is a cash back reward of $25 if they receive a minimum of 5 applications for the 2006 year

The other one is the pizza offer to new customers only on a flat rate plan

Steve
11-23-2005, 01:57 PM
Quote[/b] ]Another thing that I am thinking about doing to get quick large volume of customes at lower prices is to offer customers lawn maintenace at 15% off their current lawn care provider price.
WoW this would be a very aggressive strategy, I wonder though if this would be helpful for you. The potential to lose mony on jobs would be very high I would think.

You could even consider this marketing campaign (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=1&t=942&st=30&&#entry8496) idea as well.

tiedeman
11-23-2005, 02:00 PM
that bottom one is a new one that I have never seen before in that link

Well, this is the thing with the high volume. I get tons of customers right off the bat, and perhaps make up for the lower price by providing other services. It is more of a way to get my foot in the door than anything else. Could it back fire, yes.

Steve
11-23-2005, 03:53 PM
That is an interesting idea.

Ok, how do you plan on promoting this? Flyers, door hangers, postcards etc?

How would you like to word it and what services will you be offering.

Let's put some sort of marketing material together to try this.

Steve
11-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Hi Troy,

How about a door hanger like this? The bottom section with your picture could be perforatted so it can be torn off and saved as a business card.

On the back you could list the other services you offer and maybe check boxes to show which services you feel the specific yard could benefit from.

The whole concept behind this is that no other company will offer the personal and quality service you provide. This makes you and your company stand out from the faceless competitors. This is why the customer should choose you.

tiedeman
11-23-2005, 08:44 PM
that is sweet!!!

tiedeman
11-23-2005, 08:46 PM
all that needs to be changed is the website at the bottom to www.tiedemanllc.com. What do you think about making the 10% Off Coupon bigger as well?

Anybody know of a good printing company for door hangers?

Steve
11-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Have you checked out http://www.48hourprint.com

When would you want to use such a door hanger? What type of cut off date would work best for the coupon?

Also, what other services would you want to offer, they could be put on the back.

tiedeman
03-20-2006, 06:30 PM
I might want something like this done within the next month...with the doorhanger design. Any more help or advice?