PDA

View Full Version : New mowers?

StealthDumpTrucks
05-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Something you should consider every time you buy a large deck new mower. We removed the blades and deck then took it to our local Line-X spray on bed liners franchise. For about $200 they would scuff the paint under the deck, tape it off at the lip and spray bedliner on the sheet metal. We wanted it slick, which is their procedure for the first coat on truck beds. The coating cuts down the noise and vibration while protecting your deck. It's much easier to keep clean and rust thru is a thing of the past. Since they did the lip surface it's protected against abrasion.

When you're making a major purchase in equipment, consider protecting your investment. We finally convinced our local dealer to offer the coated decks as an option, then they did all the labor before we picked it up.

StealthDumpTrucks
05-30-2008, 12:02 AM
....this reminded me of the last time I changed blades on my zero turn. They were baked on powder coated instead of the old gloss black paint. Should last much longer since the powder coat is almost impossible to remove.

Steve
05-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Quote[/b] ] We removed the blades and deck then took it to our local Line-X spray on bed liners franchise.

That is fascinating! How did this effect the amount of grass that stuck to the bottom of it? I was wondering if a rough surface tended to grab on to more grass.

Quote[/b] ]....this reminded me of the last time I changed blades on my zero turn. They were baked on powder coated instead of the old gloss black paint. Should last much longer since the powder coat is almost impossible to remove.

Do certain blade manufacturers powder coat their blades while others don't? Any thoughts on which blades are best to use?

StealthDumpTrucks
05-30-2008, 02:28 PM
...the Line-X coating is sprayed slick on the first coat. For truck beds they turn up the pressure on second coat. This leaves the nonskid texture. The grass still sticks when wet, but considerably less than uncoated. When it drys the grass falls off when the blades turn on.

Cub Cadet replacement mulcher blades were powder coated. We always used factory name brand blades instead of off brand.

Steve
06-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Quote[/b] ]...the Line-X coating is sprayed slick on the first coat. For truck beds they turn up the pressure on second coat. This leaves the nonskid texture.

So do they only do the first coat and leave it slick or do they apply it the same as truck beds?