PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

StartALawnCareBusiness
06-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Hi Everyone:

Sorry I haven't contributed much the past week.

I have been in Gautier, Mississippi working with a disaster relief team equiping rapid response trailers for the upcoming hurricane season.

This is a neat team. Their efforts are to make people's homes "livable and sustainable" after natural and manmade disasters.

We finished equiping the trailers 1 day early. So, on the last day we devoted our time reconstructing two homes that were severely damaged during hurricane Katrina and have yet to be rebuilt to livable conditions.

I feel the help this team provides is beneficial especial in the days immediately following a disaster. Getting people back in their homes as soon as possible helps keep them on their own feet so they do not become dependent on support months after the disaster.

Keith

Steve
06-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Hi Keith,

That sounds amazing! How did you get involved with that? Did you take pictures or video of it?

quickcleanlawn
06-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Quote[/b] (StartALawnCareBusiness @ June 06 2008,1:06)]Hi Everyone:

Sorry I haven't contributed much the past week. *

I have been in Gautier, Mississippi working with a disaster relief team equiping rapid response trailers for the upcoming hurricane season.

This is a neat team. *Their efforts are to make people's homes "livable and sustainable" after natural and manmade disasters. *

We finished equiping the trailers 1 day early. *So, on the last day we devoted our time reconstructing two homes that were severely damaged during hurricane Katrina and have yet to be rebuilt to livable conditions.

I feel the help this team provides is beneficial especial in the days immediately following a disaster. *Getting people back in their homes as soon as possible helps keep them on their own feet so they do not become dependent on support months after the disaster.

Keith
That is awsome.
the problem here is FEMA are removing trailers but peoples homes are still unlivable. So your efforts are to get homes in livable conditions asap ? http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/yourock.gif