PDA

View Full Version : What kind of marketing should I use?

mattamus2005
05-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks for your answers and replys.

justin_time
05-13-2008, 10:12 PM
A bit of everything.. you got to be frequent and constant with your Marketing. You also need to know your targer market.

If you got anymore questions about Marketing, just ask

EatingEmoKids
05-13-2008, 10:25 PM
post / flyer cards seem to be working for me as I mentioned in my other post. I think a website with seo work might bring in some clients too. I'm not sure how it would work for landscaping but some one should try it :-)

Steve
05-14-2008, 08:56 AM
David,

Especially when you are just getting started, business cards are very helpful and craigslist.

mattamus2005
05-14-2008, 01:15 PM
thanks for the feedback. I have busniess cards, truck signs, and coroplast yard signs. I've made over 300 flyers and passed them out at stores, parking lots,put on bullentin boards,In resturants, customers, and family. So far I have 10 customers.

Steve
05-14-2008, 01:30 PM
What is the goal? How many customers are you looking to get?

mattamus2005
05-14-2008, 11:48 PM
My goal is to have a full time businiess in 2 years. Also I want to have more customers than I can handle. I want to hire 3 emplyees eventualy when I go full time.
I want stand out from my Commpetitor's by being the best in my region, and be well known for my customer service, quallity work, and being very professional.
Another goal I have Is to be able to help the kids in need in my community. I would like to be able to raise $10,000 for the special needs kids and their schools. Hopefully I'll be able to do all this. If its Gods will he'll bless my businiess and my family.

Steve
05-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Hi David,

Quote[/b] ]I would like to be able to raise $10,000 for the special needs kids and their schools.

Can you tell us more about this goal? Where did this come from and if you have any thoughts on how you might go about doing this?

I am intrigued!

LawncareMarketingMagic
05-19-2008, 11:19 PM
David,

Just starting out, here are the marketing methods I would suggest.

First, avoid anything that requires long-term commitments like phone directory ads. At some point it MIGHT be a worthwhile investment, but definitely NOT just starting out.

Second, you want to pick the methods that allow you to target your prospective customers with laser targeted accuracy. You can't afford to spend money on anything you don't know for sure will end up in the hands of your prospects.

This really leaves you with flyers, sales letters, postcards, door hangers, etc. The reason these are so effective is because you control the message and the delivery of such.

Plus, you're able to distribute them as your budget permits.

In terms of distribution, identify a target market you want to penetrate and create a list that allows you to communicate with them consistently for the next 10-12 months.

Now, I'll probably get a lot of flack for this but if your goal is to become the dominant player in your market, it's important to contact your target market consistently with information and offers. That way, you'll create some name recognition while adding new customers.

Finally, a website is quickly becoming a critical component of any successful marketing campaign. Fortunately, there are plenty of resources available that allow you to get a website up and running very quickly and with very little out of your pocket.

Steve
05-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Quote[/b] ] if your goal is to become the dominant player in your market, it's important to contact your target market consistently with information and offers. That way, you'll create some name recognition while adding new customers.

Chestin,

As we attract new members that may or may not know the services you offer. If David was looking to you to help him scale up his marketing, what products or services of yours would you suggest he utilize to build his business.

I'd really like the readers to know the options you can offer them, so they can make a better educated decision when it comes to their marketing campaign.

mattamus2005
05-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Quote[/b] ]I would like to be able to raise $10,000 for the special needs kids and their schools.

Can you tell us more about this goal? Where did this come from and if you have any thoughts on how you might go about doing this?

Thanks for all your feed back its been really helpful!!! Back to your question I want to maybe have some different types of fundraisers with the kids, parents, and teachers of the local school. My brother attends the "Stoner Thomas" school for special needs children and most of them live in group homes b/c their parents don't want to give them the extra care and attention they need. The school does such a great job taking care, and teaching them the daily skills that they need to survive in this cruel world. The school itself despretly needs a make over, new epuiptment, Books, update the playground, computers, etc... Our local Board of Education gives them the leftovers from whats left of all the other schools which they attend to first. Those kids are so great, they just are always so happy and they don't take things for granted like we do. 1/3 are in wheel chairs and the rest can't do the simple things that we take for granted, like driving, put our clothes on, go to the mall, Live on our on without supervision, have a family, and running a busniess. Most of them dont even wear name band clothes b/c either the parent don't care or the group home can't afford. So the school really helps the children by donating food, clothes, toys, jackets, etc.. The school keeps them until they turn 21 which Is good so they can make sure they have the skills they need for daily lives. Also the school helps find them jobs that they can do after they graduate.
Anyways sorry to go http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/offtopic.gif But i want to give back to the school and children. They are great kids, and the facilty is so caring and will do anything for those kids. They have really helped my little brother and take good care of him while hes in school. My brother has muscular distriphy, and he's autistic, and on top of that he's has type 2 diabetes. His teacher has to check his sugar, give him his insulin shot for lunch and make sure he has the right amount of carbs in his meal. I want to try and raise $10,000 for the school and have a clothes/toy drive for the kids. Im gonna add this in my flyers and tell my customers also what im trying to do as well.
So Im thinking 10 % of all revenue I make each month will go to help raise the $10,000 plus fundraisers, and donations. Maybe I can get the local news or paper to do a story about it to get the word out. Sorry this is so long !!! Im just very passionate about all this. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/thankyou.gif

Steve
05-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Hi David,

I like what you are doing very much. I think you mixing business with fund raising is a wonderful idea. Especially that you are passionate about it.

Giving 10% of your income is a great idea. I bet there are more things you could do to generate money for the home/school as well as position yourself as the go to guy in your community to get things done.

I would love to hear from others on the forum as far as fund raising ideas. One of the things I am thinking of is you could organize and sponsor a seasonal community yard sale at the school. Sell spots for people to sell their wares at the school parking lot. They can sell stuff they would normally sell in a yard sale. You could also open this up to others to make it like a flea market. You could have a booth at the entrance with your truck or mower that promotes your lawn care business and I be you could get a lot of press.

What you told us would make a great story for a newspaper. Then you could follow up and show what the school was able to do with the money you were able to raise.

In fact, you could create a website or a page on your businesses website to document all the things you are doing to help raise money for the school.

What do you think of this so far?

mattamus2005
05-20-2008, 04:46 PM
I like it alot, that sounds like a good idea! especially the flea market/yard sale having people rent spots, or booths in the parking lot to help raise money.Aalso using my truck/signs to setup a booth and avertise my busniess. I think i'll go to the local paper and give them my story and see if they publish it.
I tried to post my pics on the form but it wouldn't let me b/c they weren't from a url. I was trying to upload them straight from my computer. Any suggestions?

Steve
05-20-2008, 05:37 PM
You should be able to attach pics to a post by clicking on the browse button below where you type your post.

You should check in with the school and see what they think of the idea and how you can get started to do it.

Another great part of this idea is that it allows you to meet many potential customers in your area. They will all think you are wonderful for doing this. Make sure you wear your company shirt and hat all day too. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Maybe you could have a dunk tank or some kind of fun challenge event, like knocking down some pins with a ball. Charge per try part of your fund raising and then maybe give away your lawn care business tshirts or hats that also have something on the shirt about the event.

Could you also get some kind of inflatable rides? Like slides or bouncing/jumping castles?

Steve
05-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Also, I was thinking. You could have an auction too, like a tricky tray?

Where you would go around to stores in the area, see if they would give you something you could auction off.

Then this would not only help the school, but it would give you a chance to meet up with business owners in the area. You could pay them a visit in the future to offer them lawn service!

connor
05-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Hey David, I just wnnted to let you know that I think what you are doing for those kids is great! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/yourock.gif

Steve
06-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Any more updates on this?