PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bloomberg

StartALawnCareBusiness
05-27-2008, 01:03 PM
I came across advice from Michael Bloomberg this morning and feel it is definately applicable to the lawn care industry.

Quote[/b] ]Michael Bloomberg
Mayor of New York City, founder of Bloomberg LP

I can't remember who told me this, but I certainly didn't grow up knowing it, so I must have gotten this advice at Salomon Brothers in the 1970s. The advice was, first, always ask for the order, and second, when the customer says yes, stop talking. The worst advice that people can take is to react before they've had a chance to think. I think we all say things and wish we hadn't said them. Ready, shoot, aim is not the smartest policy.

http://jobs.aol.com/gallery/best-job-advice

Keith

StartALawnCareBusiness
05-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Always assume positive intent:

Quote[/b] ]Indra Nooyi
Chairman and CEO, Pepsico

My father was an absolutely wonderful human being. From him I learned to always assume positive intent. Whatever anybody says or does, assume positive intent. You will be amazed at how your whole approach to a person or problem becomes very different. When you assume negative intent, you're angry. If you take away that anger and assume positive intent, you will be amazed.

Steve
05-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Keith,

Which quote did you like better?

I liked the Bloomberg one because I think we all have a tendency at first to keep talking and to potentially talk people OUT of the sale!

StartALawnCareBusiness
05-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Quote[/b] ]Keith,

Which quote did you like better?

I liked the Bloomberg one because I think we all have a tendency at first to keep talking and to potentially talk people OUT of the sale!

I like that one too.

Something I always try to keep in mind:

"When it's sold, quit selling."

Keith

Steve
05-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Quote[/b] ]My father was an absolutely wonderful human being. From him I learned to always assume positive intent. Whatever anybody says or does, assume positive intent. You will be amazed at how your whole approach to a person or problem becomes very different. When you assume negative intent, you're angry. If you take away that anger and assume positive intent, you will be amazed.

Did you ever find this quote or life philosophy helped you in your lawn care business? If so, do you remember a situation where it did?