PDA

View Full Version : What Kind Of Mower should I get ??

mattamus2005
05-10-2008, 12:51 PM
I have a 22'' snapper selfpropelled walkbehind but the jobs are getting much to big for my little mower, plus its taking alot of my time I could be using to cut other properties. I have a big job im supposed to start monday. Its a upscale housing devolpment with like 35 lots and the owner/devolper wants me to cut and maintain the entrance way and around the sign which is 4+ acres, and all the new homes and lots being sold which is like 6 lots, and some homeowners that live there also want me to do their yards. Overall its about 16 acres, and I have to get a bigger mower. Should I get a used or new, zero turn or lawn tractor???

Steve
05-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi David,

If you look for used equipment, I just recently had a post in my blog about the number of hours a mower can run until it needs to be rebuilt.

Check this post out and let me know if it helps

http://lawnchat.com/?p=130

StartALawnCareBusiness
05-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on getting this big job. It sounds extensive.

What is your price?

Concerning your question on lawn mowers, I've never been a fan of lawn tractors as mowing equipment. Their turn radius is too large and the operator wastes time making turns. Look seriously at zero turn mowers and walkbehind mowers.

What is your budget for buying a lawn mower?

Keith

mattamus2005
05-14-2008, 02:25 PM
My total price for 16 acres for everything is $800 that includes mowing ,trimming/edging, Blowing, and Spraying grass killer in target areas.