PDA

View Full Version : basics questions

Larry's Lawns
04-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Well, I've got more questions about the basics for y'all. - I'll just list em;

So far this year I've upgraded to higher quality; blower, trimmer and added a quality hedge trimmer as well..

Next on the list is the walk behind mower. - the mowers I've been using have had a couple irritations I'd like the next mower to elliminate. the self-propel is not reliable and the air filters clog too often. (not to mention things breaking) the local dealer is recommending a Snapper 22 inch.- any opinions?? I'm open to considering higher quality and cost if it takes that to go through most days without stopping to get the mower working again.

My current rider is a tractor type mower and the least bit of moisture on or in the grass causes the deck to need cleaned seemingly far too often. I'm thinking there is something to learn about elliminating this and upgrading to a better rider is expected soon.. Is this about quality of equipment or about lack of experience?? I'd sure like to start mowing early during the hot summer rather than waiting for the morning dew to evaporate!

and about leaves.. I have a couple customers who's trees never quit... I need to be able to help them without raking and bagging leaves.. my mowers don't have catchers either. What is the standard here.. do y'all get those blower/vacs that mulch up these leaves?? If so, do you just let the mulched leaves blow back onto the lawn?? What brand is good value?? Is there a smarter way??

thanx in advance.. looking forward to you opinions

FourSeasons
04-12-2008, 11:16 PM
For smaller walkbehinds around the 21" size I like Honda commercial mowers. I think they work great and would recommend them.
They seem like the standard small commercial mower where i live. Everyone has them in their truck or trailer.