PDA

View Full Version : I need Some advice

supper grassy
04-01-2008, 04:06 PM
If i were to start for the summer doing only a handful of lawns would i need to have a liscens and insurance?

Steve
04-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Well legally I would say yes. You should check with your town if they require them.

Are you planning on building the business over time?

lawnindustryconsultants.com
04-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Well i say to get it legal because it will only help you in the future. It does not cost much to do the rite way so i suggest to do everything rite. Insurance? What if you do some damage to a customers house or throw a rock at a customers car? I said the same thing ten years ago when i was just doing a couple accounts and sure enough my machines hydraulics snapped and shot the machine out of my hands and ran up the side of a customers house and ruined alot of brick so i had to pay for that so ever since that i say get insurance. That is a lil of my input on your questions. If there is anything feel free to ask?

supper grassy
04-01-2008, 04:49 PM
what should i do in the means of flyers?

lawnindustryconsultants.com
04-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Use the forum design one get them printed from someone on here or print some yourself and get out to the neighborhood and start talking to people and passing them out It is time

ritchiem
04-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Quote[/b] (supper grassy @ April 01 2008,4:49)]what should i do in the means of flyers?
You know that is a deeper question than most people would see it. First off I have a few questions for you.

What type of clients do you want to be servicing? Commercial, high-end, condos?

What is the average household income to the areas you'll be canvasing? The last thing you want is to have your flyers lost in a household that could never afford you services in the first place. Make sure to research before you send them out.

Do you have a budget for marketing? There are lots of ways to save some money on flyers, such as;
- Designing the flyer yourself. Get a free graphic program and start editing.
- Use XcelPrinting.com to print your flyers...shameless plug there Jon http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif
- Hand deliver as many as possible.

Depending on who you want to advertise to will ultimately decide your flyer style. I know a lot of people who only use a 2 color flyer and have fantastic results...but for my area that wouldn't work.