PDA

View Full Version : Apprentice 3/13

Steve
03-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Another disastrous night of the Apprentice.

Trump announces that the next task will involve motivating a sales force. The teams will work with General Motors and organize a corporate retreat for dealership owners. They will introduce the 2007 Chevy Tahoe and try to motivate the dealers to sell. They will be evaluated through surveys.

One team sets up a tent in a park on L.I. along with a horse and carriage ride, and a putting green on that terrible lawn? Then they get some models to help sell the new truck design to dealers? Oh and to top it off, during the food break they have some off the wall comedian doing her best to insult everyone. WOW !

The other team wants to have skeet shooting. And actually blasts off a few rounds before the park manager comes to tell them it isn't allowed. They also decide to include golf cart racing! Which leads up to a nice wreck.

Even though one team did manage to 'win' the event, I don't know if either really did a better job. They both seemed just thrown together and a waste of time.

Although I guess there is entertainment value in watching everyone create these disasters.

What did you think?

tiedeman
03-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Was it on last night? I guess that I didn't get to watch it.

If it was for GM corporate, then I would have worked towards a golf retreat and the skeet shooting is a good idea. The problem is that they are confined to NY.

Perhaps even setup a cruise or party boat out in the harbor with food, ****tails, and entertainment.

Steve
03-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Yea that would have been more fun. If you get cable, it is rebroadcasted either tonight or tomorrow night on CNBC.

tiedeman
03-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Well, I tried to watch the show on CNBC last, but I was only able to watch half of it because of plans.

Now for what I could see, the idea of having the outdoor theme (rocking climbing, chipping, skeet shooting) seemed like an idea I would havve went for.

Steve
03-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Yea having that theme did tie things together more.

tiedeman
03-16-2006, 04:20 PM
yup, the other one seemed kind of pointless. They did not tie in anything