PDA

View Full Version : Help with name7

F3Nelson
02-22-2008, 03:19 PM
I am starting up a lawn business this year after working for someone else, running Heavy Equipment for the last 7 years.

I need a name for the business, I want something really unique that will stand out and be very easy to remember, and easy to type for the website.

I was wondering if any of you all had some names you thought about using but ended up not using them. Please feel free to throw out any and all names you can think of, or heard that you liked.

Thanks in advance!

Mike Nelson

KimKriel
02-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Her are a few suggestions when thinking about a name for your business. Creative names are fun and easy to remember, but if you want to deal with businesses keep in mind that your name needs to sound professional. Also use your states website to look up business names that you like, that way when you go in to get a dba you wont have to come up with a new name right on the spot beacuse someone is already using that one.

Steve
02-22-2008, 03:34 PM
How about Mike Nelson Lawn Care?

How many of your competitors have such a name that promotes a friendly name like that?

If I had a choice on who to call between an AAA All Lawn Care and a Mike Nelson Lawn Care, I would choose Mike Nelson Lawn Care because it would sound like their was an owner who really took pride in his business and his work. It promotes a feeling that you would be very personable and I think it's a great selling point.

What's your view?

F3Nelson
02-22-2008, 09:17 PM
I agree with ya about Mike Nelson lawn, I just wanted something a little more creative. It was Nelson Lawn/Landscape when I last did it, I just wanted something different, sort of a re-birth if you, putting the past behind me.

I kinda liked Pheonix, the whole rising from the ashes and starting over thing....but I live in KS...............LOL Could have the mythical Phoenix rising out of the fire.

Also thought about All About Lawns, only to have the name show up first in the book, but asked a TON of people, and it seems not many people even read it anymore.

Ill take any throw away names you guys had.

Steve
02-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Hey if you want to use Phoenix Lawn Care and use the logo of a bird flying up out of the fire, why not roll with it? It has a personal meaning to you and that makes for a great story in your 'about us' section.

I like it.