PDA

View Full Version : Business Resume?

oncall
01-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Just starting out. Trying to get a commercial contract and the builder is requesting my "business's resume". Does anyone know where I can get an example? Is this the same as a regular resume? Help!

Steve
01-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Hi Oncall,

Welcome to our forum!

Did they possibly mean a list of referrals? Of other commercial clients you service?

oncall
01-30-2008, 09:11 AM
Probably both. Sounds more like a portfolio. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right, more importantly that it looks professional.

jrwalker333
01-30-2008, 09:45 AM
I would say that you are correct and more or less they want a portfolio of your business, similiar to a resume listing yourself as the owner your experience your credentials, licensing, copies of insurance, workers compensation, referral list and contact information. Alot of times companies will request such; for setting you up as a possible new vendor (meaning that you will be qualified), to receive opportunities to bid on proposed work in question. You might see in your area if their is a group called S.C.O.R.E. ( group of retired business executives) they offer consulting and advise for free they may have other ideas or ask the builder for specifics of his or her request of you, no harm in asking to make sure you submit it per their standards.

B7 Enterprise
01-30-2008, 07:31 PM
If your just starting out, I doubt you would have a resume or a referral list.
Did you tell them you were new?

Steve
01-31-2008, 06:56 AM
Hi oncall,

Another thing I was thinking of, there is a section in the free lawn care business guide here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=1&t=4850&st=0&&#entry21294) on how to get commercial accounts without commercial references.