PDA

View Full Version : benefits o BBB

quickcleanlawn
01-17-2008, 06:05 PM
has anyone recently become a member of the BBB.
if so how has it benefited your business.
I spoke with them on the phone and they told it would cost $325 per year. is it worth it?

Steve
01-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi Blaine,

Here is my take, I think it is one more label/certification you can present to your clients to show that you are a business that follows through with what you say you will do. That you are legitimate. It's something that can potentially make the customer feel more safe and secure with choosing you.

Let me ask you this, have you had potential customers ask you if you were a member of the BBB? Do you feel potential customers have turned you down because you weren't a member of the BBB?

quickcleanlawn
01-17-2008, 08:31 PM
no, I have never been asked if i was.
but I was thinking that if i were a member, potential customers could look through the BBB site to find businesses.
like a directory.
I'm really just wondering if it is worth it

Steve
01-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Well, if I reflect on myself, I have never used the BBB to find a contractor.

Have you?

If you ask around your family or friends or customers, have they?

Maybe if you find they do use this, then it would be worth it.

What's your view?

mndlawn
01-18-2008, 10:20 AM
In my opinion it is not worth it. I have been a member in past years (5 to be exact) which is a total of about $1500 buck. Now if I took that $1500 and put it into marketing I would have been better off. I never had anyone complain or even look at my profile (they tell you how many people made inquiries about you each year) Waste of money in my opinion.

Steve
01-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi mndlawn,

Thank you for your insight. What got you to join in the first place?