PDA

View Full Version : Attn:  landonkade

StartALawnCareBusiness
01-05-2008, 08:44 PM
landonkade:

Did you get your questions answered about the apt. complex? What did they say when you turned in your bid?

I am just now getting around to my PM's after enjoying some much needed downtime over the holidays.

hope you're doing well:

Keith

landonkade
01-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Quote[/b] (StartALawnCareBusiness @ Jan. 05 2008,9:44)]landonkade:

Did you get your questions answered about the apt. complex? *What did they say when you turned in your bid?

I am just now getting around to my PM's after enjoying some much needed downtime over the holidays.

hope you're doing well:

Keith
yes people on here have been helping me out. I have turned in several bids(30) to be exact,lol (14) are wachovia banks. I should be hearing something from them here shortly.

i made another post about another apartment complex(in the to Expensive thread) i am going to be bidding on and wanted to see what you think and others would think also.

its the one with the 2 ponds in the back. Here is the address if it doesnt show

103 sweetwater dr dothan al 36303

i have been using your program to help me with the bids, and seem to be close answers.

thanks,
Matt

StartALawnCareBusiness
01-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I see you sent some numbers in a followup PM. I'll look it over and PM you back.

Keith

Steve
01-05-2008, 10:31 PM
If you can post some figures on how you would bid this, it would be appreciated. It will help others reading this learn how to come up with figures for their bids too.

We all tend to learn better by example.

Thanks!

landonkade
01-08-2008, 05:12 AM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 05 2008,11:31)]If you can post some figures on how you would bid this, it would be appreciated. It will help others reading this learn how to come up with figures for their bids too.

Thanks!
the apartment complex above wants:

1. weekly cuts during the growing season (April-September)

2. 3 cuts per month for march and october

3. 2 cuts per month for nov, dec, jan, and feb

4. edging of hard surfaces and weed eating will be performed every 2 weeks during the growing season and as needed during the off-season

5. clippings and other debris to be blown from walks, patios, and parking areas after each mowing

6. plant beds to be weeded by chemical means and supplemented by hand, weeding once a month to provide a weed free enviroment

7. all trees and shrubs to be pruned 2 times a year at the appropiate time for plant and flower developpments using proper horticultural practices

8. pine straw will be put out 2 times a year(April/October) at the appropriate time

9. seasonal flowers will be planted 2 times a year at the appropriate time

10. fertilization and weed control for turf- 6 times per year

11. monthly checking for irrigation systems

any help would be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

using keiths program for *just for lawn service was $1,400 a cut

landonkade
01-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Jan. 08 2008,6:12)]Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Jan. 05 2008,11:31)]If you can post some figures on how you would bid this, it would be appreciated. It will help others reading this learn how to come up with figures for their bids too.

Thanks!
the apartment complex above wants:

1. weekly cuts during the growing season (April-September)

2. 3 cuts per month for march and october

3. 2 cuts per month for nov, dec, jan, and feb

4. edging of hard surfaces and weed eating will be performed every 2 weeks during the growing season and as needed during the off-season

5. clippings and other debris to be blown from walks, patios, and parking areas after each mowing

6. plant beds to be weeded by chemical means and supplemented by hand, weeding once a month to provide a weed free enviroment

7. all trees and shrubs to be pruned 2 times a year at the appropiate time for plant and flower developpments using proper horticultural practices

8. pine straw will be put out 2 times a year(April/October) at the appropriate time

9. seasonal flowers will be planted 2 times a year at the appropriate time

10. fertilization and weed control for turf- 6 times per year

11. monthly checking for irrigation systems

any help would be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

using keiths program for *just for lawn service was $1,400 a cut
no answer? ummmmmmmmm

StartALawnCareBusiness
01-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi Matt:

It looks like you are bidding some large lawn care contracts. *What kind of result are you getting? *Any awarded contracts yet or are the bid openings in the near future?

You may have already outlined your business here...forgive me if I've forgotten. *What equipment are you running? *Do you have employees? *What hourly rates are you using in your calculations? *I am interested to see how you are breaking everything down.

What is your experience as far as doing residential yards before easing into the large scale contract side of mowing? *You are bidding all these large contracts so you can be inspiration for people wanting to make the jump from residential to commercial by relating the positives and pitfalls.

I notice at least one line-item is chemical application. *Do you have your applicator's license? *Is it needed in your area? It looks like there is a pond within this work area. If that's the case, you better make sure you CYA from a regulatory side before bidding. EPA is strict like crazy when water is involved.

Wow, I've asked you a ton of questions...sorry.

Keith

landonkade
01-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Quote[/b] (StartALawnCareBusiness @ Jan. 16 2008,5:47)]Hi Matt:

It looks like you are bidding some large lawn care contracts. *What kind of result are you getting? *Any awarded contracts yet or are the bid openings in the near future?

You may have already outlined your business here...forgive me if I've forgotten. *What equipment are you running? *Do you have employees? *What hourly rates are you using in your calculations? *I am interested to see how you are breaking everything down.

What is your experience as far as doing residential yards before easing into the large scale contract side of mowing? *You are bidding all these large contracts so you can be inspiration for people wanting to make the jump from residential to commercial by relating the positives and pitfalls.

I notice at least one line-item is chemical application. *Do you have your applicator's license? *Is it needed in your area? *It looks like there is a pond within this work area. *If that's the case, you better make sure you CYA from a regulatory side before bidding. *EPA is strict like crazy when water is involved.

Wow, I've asked you a ton of questions...sorry.

Keith
Keith

LOL, i know i am putting alot of commerical bids in. Even though if i put in 10 bids i might get 3 or 4 or maybe all of them,lol.. just a chance to take and if i have the overhead for all them. When i am busy and bringing in alot of revenue, i have about 2 to 3 people helping me including myself. I have 2 mowers, 2 weedeaters, 2 blowers, 2 trimmers, 2 edgers, and $60,000 in all lawn service

My hourly rate is about $60 an hour with employes at $10 an hour.

i might try sticking to commerical, but i wouldnt mind doing residental also, i have had some bad experiances in residental(people not paying, and then playing the waiting game) its alot less pressure on getting money with commerical so far anyway,lol.

Alot of my residentals are verbal,,, so i am guessing i need to start doing contracts on residental so that way i know i will get my money of what me and the client agreed on, and late charges and so on. And if they are serious about getting the lawn serviced or not,lol if u know what i mean

i have already turned in my bids,I havent heard from any of them yet, but i have called some and they keep telling me they have picked anyone just yet(alot of them i have showed on here, plus wachovia), , but they ask who i am and so on and so on.