PDA

View Full Version : got my business liceces what next

landscape warrior
01-11-2008, 10:00 AM
I applied for my business license form my town what would be my next step I live in nc and I called down to the state and they told me I didnt need to get any special licences.what next?

pmblair
01-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Warrior, congrats on the license!!

Here are some things you should think about...

Business License - You've already taken this step, congrats!

Insurance - General Liability Insurance is NOT expensive. You can get a GOOD $1,000,000 policy for around $500/year or less. Cover yourself. You don't HAVE to have it, but if you don't have it, one accident on a customer's property could bust your business.

Applicators License - Necessary only if you will be using fertilizers, weed control chemicals or seeding. If you plan to only do the basics (mowing, trimming, blowing, etc) then you won't need this.

Contractors License - If I remember correctly, I was told that you need a contractors license if you plan to bid on any jobs over $1,000. Anybody else know?

Vehicle/Trailer Tags - Duh... lol

That's all I can think of. Anybody else got something to add?

Steve
01-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Congratulations landscape warrior!

What will you be doing to get the word out about your business this new year?

EARLY BIRD MOWING/LANDSCAPING
01-11-2008, 11:30 PM
get a business account set up at your local bank or credit union. so you can track your yearly earnings and makes it easier at tax time. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

landscape warrior
01-14-2008, 08:53 AM
I plan on using Craig’s list it worked great last year and then put flyers on doors near existing customers I don’t plan on doing anything over a $1000 and I am still working out of my car. I will be getting a pick-up truck in March-April.

pmblair
01-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Is it just me, or does that picture look vaguely familiar?

Steve
01-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Yea that's the picture he shared with us a bunch of month's back!

landscape warrior keep us posted on how you are doing and congrats for getting your pickup! I bet it will make your life easier!