PDA

View Full Version : starting out

jbrewer
01-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Hello, I'm starting a lawn care business this spring and I'm looking for any helpfull advice in all aspects of the business, getting customers, giving estimates, also if anyone has any leagal advise it would be greatly apriciated.

thank you,
Eric

Steve
01-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi Eric,

Welcome to our forum!

Can you tell us a little about where you are at in this process and if you have aver run a business before?

Have you registered your business name yet?

StartALawnCareBusiness
01-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi Eric:

Welcome to the forum.

Steve has asked you a couple good questions. I will ask you a few more.

Where do you want your lawn care business to be 1 year from today? Do you have a plan for growth or are you just going to take customers as they come?

What type of yards are you targeting initially? Small yards, large yards, hilly yards, flat yards, wide mowing areas, etc. Your answer to this question will have great bearing on the type of commercial lawn equipment you will buy between now and spring. Every single year I see guys buy equipment because they "got a real good price" only to find out that it's the wrong equipment for the type of work they are performing.

What are your specialties? What unique experience do you bring to the lawn care industry? Why will homeowners hire you as opposed to hiring any one of the other guys in your town with lawn mowers in the back of their pick up trucks?

Lawn Care is a competitive business. If you don't get started on the right foot you can spend years trying to recover from initial bad decisions.

Give us more information about you and we will attempt to steer you in the best direction given your skill set.

Keith