PDA

View Full Version : Being lucky vs. being good.

StartALawnCareBusiness
12-03-2007, 03:48 AM
I had a discussion with a friend today. I wished him luck on something. He said he doesn't believe in luck.

What do you think about that? Though I believe hard work, perserverence, and determination are most important, luck certainly plays a roll.

I think of luck as being somewhat of a tie breaker. If two opponents are facing off and they are completely equal in everyway, the one with luck on his side will have a better chance of prevaling. I have never seen this happen but I have heard that in lawn care contracts if there are two completely equal bids, the submitting agency will accept the bid that is opened first. Does that come down to luck? Maybe you were lucky to get your bid envelope into the stack 5 minutes before the other bidder and the envelopes were opened in chronologic order.

Maybe the word "luck" is just an accumulation of actions we, as humans, don't understand yet. Maybe there is a sort of cosmic presence in people who are feeling lucky.

Have you ever had one of those days when you felt luck was on your side? When those days happen, I think we are more confident in the tasks we attempt. That confidence, in turn, carries us through whatever challenge is in our path. When you feel lucky, you smile more and give out positive vibes. If you are giving a quote and your customer knows you feel good about yourself he will be more likely to do business with you.

Anyway, this is Monday and I hope your week is off to a great start.

GOOD LUCK in all you do:

Keith

Steve
12-03-2007, 03:00 PM
In the game of life I think a big part of success is showing up. Being prepared and then when you do all that, luck plays into it. I see luck as things that are outside of your control. Maybe just like fishing. You can have the best boat, reel and lures but you can't control the fish to bite.