PDA

View Full Version : A little bit of motivation.

StartALawnCareBusiness
11-06-2007, 10:22 PM
I don't know if anyone else understands this but I live to be outside and this time of year gets me a bit down.

Clocks are set back an hour and days are shorter. It's cold and stores are already full of Christmas decorations.

I really do love this time of year but these first few days after the time change are difficult to get used to.

I've always maintained this to be a great time to reestablish your lawn care advertising campaigns.

If you are still running your leaf cleanup ads and they are producing customers, that is great. However, if new customers have dried up, now might be the time to tune your ads to a more generic nature.

I've always found that ads such as this work well:

Winter Lawn Cleanup
We do it all.
Free Estimates
(Phone Number)

The neat thing about an ad like this is that you can never guess what a new customer will have you do in winter time.

I have put up mailboxes, installed insulation, screwed in lightbulbs, put up door knockers. There was even one wonderful elderly customer who paid me the same price as her lawn every week if I would do a quick weekly grocery shop for her. She hated getting out in the winter weather.

So, don't slow down on your advertising. Keep it going, make it generic, and be willing to accept whatever jobs are offered until spring arrives.

Keith

Steve
11-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Keith those are some great ideas!

I hope some of our forum members take this idea and run with it!

Quote[/b] ]I don't know if anyone else understands this but I live to be outside and this time of year gets me a bit down.
I do think the change in seasons has an effect on all of us. There is such a thing as seasonal depression.

Sometimes I wonder if it has to do with the day being shorter or just too many holidays at once. Both can be upsetting.

Steve
11-07-2007, 03:14 AM
I put this flyer together based on Keith's suggestions. You can download it and edit in any way you want. It's created with openoffice.org which is a free program similar to Microsoft Word.

Download the file here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=31&t=3456&st=30&&#entry27694) <span style='color:Red'>Make sure you logged into the forum to download all files</span>