PDA

View Full Version : Myspace ideas

Angelik99
11-01-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm working on setting up my myspace page especially for the business. I don't want to connect myself in photos or my name to the business b/c I do get plenty of weirdos on there. So that's the main reason I'm making the page seperate.

I want to post pictures though...got any good ones???
Also any ideas for the blog or what else to add I may not have thought of? http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/thankyou.gif

pmblair
11-01-2007, 10:47 PM
You can surf the net to find all the pictures you could ever want until you can get your own pics... just make sure they're not Copywritten.

As for the blog, why not write a weekly lawn care tip? ...or you could talk about your day "in the field" when you get home from mowing all day long.

...and I do NOT blame you about disconnecting your personal picture from your business MySpace. You'd have every Tom, Dick and Harry in your local area contracting you to come to their house for a free estimate just to look you over. BE CAREFUL!

Steve
11-01-2007, 10:51 PM
You know you bring up some really good points!

What is the best topic to talk about in a blog that would attract your customer base.

Ok, I am gonna play with some ideas here but what about different beautiful yards you see in your area. Projects you have or are working on. Volunteer projects you work on. Home outdoor decorations.

Angelik99
11-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Yeah exactly, and what if one wanted to hack me into pieces...that'd be no good!!

I swear I went grocery shopping with my kids and still got followed out to my car twice by odd guys.

So I'm getting my permit to carry. ;) Just in case!

pmblair
11-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Well, if you don't mind me saying this, you are an attractive young lady... so I can see some weirdo guys following you around.... I wouldn't blame you if you did carry... lol... OPENLY carry... with a small sign attached reading something like "If you're close enough to read this, then you're close enough that I don't have to aim that hard!"

Angelik99
11-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Quote[/b] (pmblair @ Nov. 01 2007,10:55)]Well, if you don't mind me saying this, you are an attractive young lady... so I can see some weirdo guys following you around.... I wouldn't blame you if you did carry... lol... OPENLY carry... with a small sign attached reading something like "If you're close enough to read this, then you're close enough that I don't have to aim that hard!"
Yeah I swear it's always working against me, lol!!

I'm afraid people will think I'll be afraid to get dirty, or since I'm skinny not strong enough. I've had that happen in a job interview once, the guys didn't think I was strong enough to do the job.

And yes I'll probably openly carry as long as I know they can't grab it...I'll have it attached to me anyway, not in my purse, lol!!

Angelik99
11-01-2007, 11:08 PM
wow this is hard...finding a picture that I know isn't copyrighted...I'm taking my camera to work tomorrow!!!

pmblair
11-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Probably a better idea, anyway... at least you can say "Yes, that's my work" if anybody asks! = )

Angelik99
11-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Yeah I'm searching through my own personal photos, there's gotta be something in there I can use. My other main hobby is photography. http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

StartALawnCareBusiness
11-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Quote[/b] ]permit to carry.

That raises a good question. Does anybody here carry? If you accept cash payments or if you do work in rough neighborhoods where your equipment might be stolen while you are in the back yard, I guess I can see where carrying might come in handy.

Angelik99
11-02-2007, 01:25 PM
That's one thing my dad likes about me going with him, one of us is usually in the front where we can see the vehicle and/or it doesn't take us as long, so lessens the chance.

My dad has never had anything stolen yet except gas in the middle of the night off his trailor, but he knows other lawn guys who have had equiptment taken while they were in the back yard.