PDA

View Full Version : Which way is better?

Steve
03-13-2006, 05:56 PM
A question came in from David.

Would it be better to tape a flyer to a door or a door hanger would work best?

I wouldn't want to tape anything to a door. That could potentially upset a client. If you went with flyers, you could insert them into door hanger bags or just leave them in the screen door. However I think you might find better results with door hangers.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

tiedeman
03-13-2006, 07:43 PM
I would personally go with the door hanger. Make sure to contact your local city also if you need any permits to hang the doorhangers. Here I have to pay $15 fee for each day

Billz
03-13-2006, 08:37 PM
I hope that is a local thing. I am in Michigan too, and I have never paid anything to doorhang!

tiedeman
03-13-2006, 08:39 PM
well, it's not really known by a lot of people, but since my mother worked for the city attorney for almost 35 years I knew a lot about the little stuff.

I know that out of all the companies that did doorhangers or door to door marketing, probably less than 1% of them actually got the permit.

When you get the permit you have to pay the fee, and then they do a criminal background check on you and whoever is going to help you pass out stuff. *It's a safety precaution that they do.

If a resident complains about the company, and the company does not have the permit, then they can get some serious fines.

Steve
03-14-2006, 12:59 PM
WOW, I didn't know they do a criminal background check! That is crazy! So if you have a criminal background, you can't distribute door hangers? I would be interested in knowing more about that.